Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector Testers On you Tube are Going Nuts.

Back around 2016 I was moving into CD's area and reached out to him hoping to try and hunt with them ,, not to find his hunting areas ,, I already had a few of my own ,, would have been happy to have him at my areas ,, but just to help me learn some things about detecting ,, and detectors . I'm a little slow catching on to technical stuff . But anyway ,, 1 or 2 PM's ,, then I got the silent treatment . He was just very short and I didn't get the feeling that he was wanting to be helpful at all ,,, so I just wrote him off ,, just as he did me .
Sometime after that ,, I remember reading about his temper tantrum here on the forum ,, and I just figured I was better off not having met the guy ,, no hard feelings ,, just a feeling .

I remember some years back starting to watch one of his entries and early in it I saw something I wanted to ask about and scrolled down to "comments disabled" ; that was all I needed to now , shut it off and have never watched another.

I remember some years back starting to watch one of his entries and early in it I saw something I wanted to ask about and scrolled down to "comments disabled" ; that was all I needed to now , shut it off and have never watched another.
He answers now on most of his videos I've sold him a detector part nice guy I could not imagine spending the amount of time he tests detectors my wife would go nuts!
He loves the hobby I do to most guys I meet stop and chat I'm always open to talk to a fellow detectorist.
I watch a lot of detecting videos from different guys most are great
Mark

What's funny to me is seeing some of these guys that will actually take a new machine out of the box and test it on a dinning room or den table. After 50 detectors and 50 years of detecting I still consider myself a "learner" when I go into a field. Just seems to me that in the house is not the best place to be playing with a detector. I've never heard of most of the guys you all are talking about but I will watch Gary Blackwell. To me he knows his stuff, is articulate and takes the time to explain, in plain English, (no pun intended) his point. He's one of the few "foreigners" I can understand. We need more Gary's out there.

Hi, I would like to preface my comments by mentioning that I'm really, really new at this game. That being said, I am very grateful for all of the information available on websites such as this as well as everything on YouTube. Without these opportunities to learn I strongly suspect that I would have bought a detector, tried it a couple of times and then it would have spent the remainder of its time relegated to a corner of my garage. My learning curve has been enhanced by the postings from all of the detectorists out there.

As for all the videos on YT, I find them to be useful. For instance, I like the Metal Detect NYC vids since the presenter makes them enjoyable and entertaining. Paystreak also has a high level of enthusiasm for detecting and it shows in his vids. Even the presenters that I may not be too keen on have useful knowledge. Sometimes you learn the most interesting things from people you don't like and don't see eye to eye with.

The only time I would have issue with websites or YT vids is when they share info that could get you or others hurt or killed.