Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detector trouble

Dave Lowe

I have a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, a few days ago the discrimination setting stopped working, it was even beeping on tiny iron nails when set on discrimination or tone, I put in new quality alkaline batteries and it was OK off and on, now after only roughly an hours use it is back to beeping at anything metal on any setting, HELP !

Could be a faulty toggle switch or bad coil. Any warranty? If so,send it in. If no warranty and you've tried another bounty hunter coil and get the same results,I'd send it to Keith Wills in east Texas.

Thanks for the reply, out of warranty, I notice the detector beeps once, if I hit a branch or a tuft of grass, could it be a broken wire going to the coil ? I may try a new toggle first I guess any three way that would fit would work.

You might try checking the coil connections. Both the male plug and female receptacle that it plugs in to. Get some electrical contact cleaner and clean the pins and plug them back in. Make sure that they've got a good tight snug connection. Hopefully that may fix the problem. Dirty connections can cause a variety of problems and malfunctions.

if you plug and unplug it a lot to break it down making it smaller
that's when trouble starts as quality on plug is fair not great
try to keep it fully assembled
repair may cost more than that md is worth
may be cheaper to buy another one