Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Detectors in a Pelican Case

1/ Where you see condensation--this means that there's moisture in the case to begin with. Load up the Silca Gel and if need be change them before submerging the machine in cold water. You can also use a hair drier to dry out the air inside the case before sealing. Took me a while to figure this out--nothing more unnerving than seeing mist inside your pulse machine.
2/ Use Windex to clean your gaskets--This will ensure that they are perfectly clean. Use a Q-Tip on the seating groove.
3/. Where you have a pin in the hinge--put a little silicone grease at the ends--this will stop it from rusting.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

WOW. that looks good. I new it was only a matter of time Id see my next project interest ,lol that being the TDI underwater mod.

Awesome. :thumbup:

Hi Eric
Hope your project is going well. I'll say this. From the boards I've put into Pelican 1040 cases, I've learned that the stock compression gasktet is not that great for more than a couple of hours. better to replace it with some kind of a tube type gasket like you see on the SMPI. TYhe stock gaskets seep gradually causing the performance to act up.
regards,
clive

I tap thread the case for the cable gland. Insures a tight fit.
Then I coat the threads with Marine Goop, PFM.
Once screwed in place, there is actually no gap between case and gland.
Then I coat the gland threads on the inside of the case and screw the nut in place.
Also fill the space between the gland and coil wire.
No o-ring.

Not sure if anyone makes a waterproof gland with a recess in the nut where a o-ring would fit into.
generally when you tighten the gland compression nut around the coil cable it provides the waterproof seal.

Sven said:
I tap thread the case for the cable gland. Insures a tight fit.
Then I coat the threads with Marine Goop, PFM.
Once screwed in place, there is actually no gap between case and gland.
Then I coat the gland threads on the inside of the case and screw the nut in place.
Also fill the space between the gland and coil wire.
No o-ring.

OK, THANKS, that should do the job.