Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 Arriving today

jkline

And not a moment too soon: 1. elbow sill sore from swinging my etrac for 3 hours Saturday ( my wife stole my Legend) and 2. heading to the OR coast Thursday.

I won't have any cell/internet coverage there and will start swinging right out of the box, so would appreciate any advice anybody is willing to share.

thx!

And not a moment too soon: 1. elbow sill sore from swinging my etrac for 3 hours Saturday ( my wife stole my Legend) and 2. heading to the OR coast Thursday.

I won't have any cell/internet coverage there and will start swinging right out of the box, so would appreciate any advice anybody is willing to share.

thx!
Start with the factory set programs, get to know the machine. I have mine since late last fall, and still running the factory programs and haven’t tweaked or created my own, and it has done me well.

thx, TD.

Charging, updating... having to learn a whole new machine-- PIA. Updater won't let me get past version 0.71. It shouldn't have to be this hard. Manual is pretty worthless... Created an account, received an email in French that says... something.

The legend wins in this area, hands down.

thx, TD.

Charging, updating... having to learn a whole new machine-- PIA. Updater won't let me get past version 0.71. It shouldn't have to be this hard. Manual is pretty worthless... Created an account, received an email in French that says... something.

I haven’t updated to 1.1, still on .71. If I recall others saying the 1.1 is somewhere under 1.0 version. Go back through D2 discussion and updates in the Deus form that should help you or do YouTube vid search on it all.

thx, TD.

I here you I tried for 2 weeks before like magic it just updated don't know what I even did . Why can"t they just have a site where you pick what update you want instead of pushing buttons muti times (HOW ABOUT 1 BUTTON PUSH ) Were not all programmers like a 15 year old kid on a cell phone :LOL::LOL: sube

Last edited:
Its like being used to Mac or PC then switching over. Once your used to how it’s set up and works it’s actually easier than originally thought.
Just like anything else if you don’t use it regularly it tends to be harder and you forget things as well.
Haven’t used mine in months now due to extremely hot weather, first three months straight of 100+ degrees and lately weeks of 110-115 degree weather. By the time it cools off i will probably need to go over the manual again for a refresher since i didn’t have much time on it in the beginning
But as mentioned nothing wrong with V.71 and factory defaults.
Wouldn’t get wrapped up in what detector or brand is better than the other they all have their pros and cons

So 3 months on with the D, and I really like the machine, except for the little foldable headphones.

Been comparing it side by side with the Legend-- and find that they are pretty much comparable, except for weight (D2 wins) and ability to get around EMI (Legend is a big win here). I always grab the D2 first, instead of the L or etrac, but I always carry the Legend as well for high emi areas. The Legend's 4 kz silences the chatter far better than D2.

I think the Legend is a way better value, but I'm happy to pay the premium for the lighter D.

With the D2, I have been scrolling through every stock and custom programs on the machine on every good or iffy target, and all seem to hit as well as the others, so just swing on park and call it a day. I did almost pass up a barber dime, 7", as the repeatable signal was so faint-- glad I dug that-- so I need to adjust that somehow. I have not found one target with the L the Deus can't hit, or vice versa.

The machine is good enough that I'm going to sell my last etrac-- I'll miss it, but it is time. The etrac must be a good machine, because the D2/L are not finding anything it missed, so far.

So 3 months on with the D, and I really like the machine, except for the little foldable headphones.

Been comparing it side by side with the Legend-- and find that they are pretty much comparable, except for weight (D2 wins) and ability to get around EMI (Legend is a big win here). I always grab the D2 first, instead of the L or etrac, but I always carry the Legend as well for high emi areas. The Legend's 4 kz silences the chatter far better than D2.

I think the Legend is a way better value, but I'm happy to pay the premium for the lighter D.

With the D2, I have been scrolling through every stock and custom programs on the machine on every good or iffy target, and all seem to hit as well as the others, so just swing on park and call it a day. I did almost pass up a barber dime, 7", as the repeatable signal was so faint-- glad I dug that-- so I need to adjust that somehow. I have not found one target with the L the Deus can't hit, or vice versa.

The machine is good enough that I'm going to sell my last etrac-- I'll miss it, but it is time. The etrac must be a good machine, because the D2/L are not finding anything it missed, so far.
The legend wins in EMI because the D@ is all wireless both great machines I switch to Deep HC on those deep faint signals.
Mark

The D2 hands down wins on ergonomics. I'd rather swing the Etrac with the 11" than the Legend with the 11". Hell I'd rather swing a sledge hammer than the legend with the 11". It sits in the corner until the lg24 gets here which appears to be never.

And not a moment too soon: 1. elbow sill sore from swinging my etrac for 3 hours Saturday

I know that feeling all too well, especially with an X1 added to the stem. Except it was my shoulder that felt the punishment. Swinging either Deus is a pleasure.