Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus 2 coil question

BobM (Oregon)

Hi all,
I’m looking at purchasing a Deus 2 to compliment the Deus 1 I’ve been running the last 6 years. I mainly detect parks, tot lots, play fields and public spaces (trashy areas) with the very occasional beach trip tossed in. I’m wondering what everyone’s thoughts or recommendations are about which coil size to go with.
I already have the original LF and both HF 9” coils for the Deus 1
I welcome all comments,
Thanks,
Bob

When I got the Deus II, I was disappointed that it didn't have the range that the Deus has between 3.7 to 81 kHz. I previously sold my original Deus when I purchased the Deus II. But I just bought a newer Deus. It's still under warranty, and the newer coils offer a little more than the older ones that I had did. I think both detectors complement each other.
Thanks to Richard at Backwoods Metal Detectors for a great deal. The 9" coil for separation, the larger ones for depth and coverage, and the HF coils for hunting jewelry and some prospecting, and other applications. All the coils do well at unmasking targets, getting great depth, and work well in the iron. I just wish that they would have gave us all those features in one detector. I can't believe how much lighter the new ORX shaft is compared to the older ones. That with the carbon fiber lower shaft makes it feel as light as a feather.

Last edited: