Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus and chatter

Ism

I have been experiencing a lot of chatter with the Deus in my yard. I live in a rural area, standard powerline and buried cable TV line. However I have a couple acres and can get hundreds of feet away from any suspect interference.
I have properly set up GB and threshold according to the manual and videos I saw. Reduced sensitivity down to as low as 60, changed frequencies (4KHz being the worse) but the only thing that eliminates it is adjusting my discrimination up above 50.
It was so stable that I could run it over my cable TV line without any emi noise (however the TID screen was jumping all over). The same chatter was evident when I was hunting a soccer field yesterday. If I jewelry hunt I certainly dont want my disc at 50 or above.
There is little info on the net available on chatter and it pretty much sums up that its the nature of the beast.
Any help?

go to 9 programme and see the settings that will give you idea for better working of your deus,this programme is the most stable of the others

if your getting chatter from elecy cables etc use 18khz and use ground in manual and leave it at 90 or a tad lower 86 tops. if your wanting to winkle jewelry use the deus fast or gmp programs in areas like this both are 18khz n lower sens a bit 89 should work fine but again keep the manual gb at 90 or just a tad lower

Thats the program that I customized...sigh.
I restored it and walah, chatter virtually eliminated
Reactivity is the culprit, its set at level 4 in program-9
The manual's description of this setting didn't give me any reason to suspect it as a possible cause/solution.
Thanks for your help in this matter.
Ran

At my local beach..in one corner...there's very awful interference and cvhatter. Mostly on 4K frequency. Going to 18K and dropping sens tyo ab out mid 80's allows me to detect well enough.

Regards, Joe

Thanks for your reply Ananda, I still got chatter in 18Khz but it was definatly reduced.
Reactivity "expert mode" reduces chatter to almost nothing using "silencer" level 4.
As I lowered it the chatter got increasingly worse.

I didn't change the offset, just the main frequencies 4-18k. The higher I went the more stable the detector. It seems to be that way everywhere I go so far (today was my second time out away from home).
I was at a local school this morning. My Deus is pretty stable while the coil is horizontal, It chatters bad when the detector is laying on its side while I'm digging.
I had the detector in Deus fast with sens up to 90, 4 tones, reactivity expert mode silence at 3. The rest was in default if I remember correctly.

I cant be doing too badly...today's haul in an area I pounded with 3 other detectors not to mention the other people over the years.
I got really lucky with the 10K ring cause I was hunting 85 TID on up. It is an area where bleachers were located for a football field.
So full of trash that its hard to pick through it with my other detectors. I actually had fun in it with the Deus. It saw every target and I was digging coins that were right next to trash.
I didn't want to stop but it was getting really hot.

nice one lsm good to see you winkled some cool stuff
thanks for the reminder on the silencer settings,
i often forget about that n with the deus having a reactivity setting the silencer is a great extra for eliminating mini iron n parasite signals
the slight frequency shift available is to allow detection next to other deus users using that frequency :thumbup:
the deus often loves to chat away with its self when idle lol
good luck with the heat,its 36+ with me at the mo with hairdryer wind in the arvo oooof
Rain pls

You don't have your smartphone on in your pocket do you?

TGC, Good call but I checked that as well as powering down everything breaker the house, disconnecting the cable TV line. In/out of the house it is the same. Local fields, parks, schools its the same chatter (so far). Its mostly when I have the coil lifted off the ground. I will get an occasional crack when I am detecting but nothing that I would worry about. I finally saw a video on Youtube of a demonstration and the Deus was chattering like mine does so I'm not too concerned. It could be the general vicinity to airports? I would like to know why since others have very stable performance. What I worry about is if it interferes with the smoothness of the target response making a potential good target sound like a crown cap (I've had lots of experience with them already). Anyhow, if it becomes a concern I may send a short video to Deus representative to see if it is normal.

Could it be that I just need the latest update? I have Deus v2 but not sure how often updates come out. I don't want to update unless necessary.

the v2 is the latest
i have got quite a few places to that make my deus chatter when not swinging
mine are all due to big elecy mains buried in the vacinity but tbh i dont notice any affect on signel rec when it is swinging
i have played around quite a bit with my tone levels for the sound level i like best and decent targets with a similair size to crown caps defo always sing sweeter, the only stuff i do often get a similair thump ruff edgy sound on is lead and many types of cartriges