Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus done died

WoofWoof

Everything is fully charged but control unit reads "no coil". Re-entered the serial number and still can't get it to see the coil. Pretty discouraging for a 6 week old unit .

Does the coil light blink on and off? Could be that you didn't have the clip on all the way charging it. If you connect it to the wall, it should blink on-off every three seconds if fully charged. I would start there. After it is blinking every three seconds, disconnect the charger and turn on the unit, select the correct coil, and if it still doesn't work, then we need to go deeper into what is going on.

Let us know what the lights do when you plug it into the wall. Could also be your charging clip broke etc.

OK, yes the coil is fully charged & blinking every three seconds, re-entered the serial number and still it says "no coil".
Also, I restored all programs .

A suggestion which worked for me and worth a try.

Turn on the headphones FIRST...then turn on the control unit. Go to the select a coil option and select your coil (do you have two coils?)

On occasion it requires me to do this a number of times...not really sure why...BUT it's mandatory to turn on the headphones first.

Regards, Joe (California)

If you check out the XP FAQ page, this is an issue that others have experienced and it is invariably due to the coil charging clip not being fully seated and the user thinking the coil is charged when it is not.

Make sure the clip is attached the right way and fully seated. Then make sure the plug is making a good connection and let it charge for a few hours.

Turn it make on and if you have not changed the serial number, it should communicate with the control unit. If you re-entered the number make sure you entered 0 vs. O and that the numbers match (another issue I have seen).

If the control unit does not communicate with the coil, give the service center a coil. XP Americas is setting the bar for service and support so don't worry, if there is a problem with the control unit or the coil, they will make it right with minimal impact on your hunting time.

Here's the the link to check out possible issues and solutions to try out and how to contact Service if needed:

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-service-and-repairs

Hope this helps . . . . . but trust XP to stand behind their product

Andy Sabisch