Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

deus fault

grahampearce

i wonder if anyone can please help me. i turned off my deus off yesterday when it was in my car making a loud noise as it was obviously picking up the metal.it is now making alot of noise when searching and unusable.i think it needs resetting but unsure how to do this. would appreciate help.many thanks in anticipation of assistance.

It is my understanding that the10 factory preset programs reset each time you turn on your Deus. It is also my understanding that as soon as the coil initializes and begins to detect it and the remote control do a bit of noise cancelling. Never turn on or use your Deus or any other decent detector in close proximity to large metal objects like cars, appliances or metal furniture.

I think your WS4 headphone module resets by pressing the - and + buttons for the 10 preset programs also. If you are still having problems, double check your sensitivity levels and selectable frequencies to make sure they are what you are used to. If you still have problems, better get in touch with XP America.

Hopefully someone else with more knowledge than me will chime in.....

Jeff

Do you have 2 coils, I have made this mistake more than once.
You turn on the Deus and it is noisy, only to find the coil you have selected is in the trunk and not the one on the stem.

Me too. If a person has multiple coils with them using Deus. When you turn your Deus on, sweep something and see if you get a response. If not you have other coil loaded.

Note Page 7 of the manual says

Do not switch the Dēus on when the coil is near metal, inside a car, or when the stem is collapsed, as this may interfere with calibration and lead to abnormal performance. If this should occur, switch
off and move away from any metal masses before switching it on again. Nevertheless, this does not represent any risk to the equipment or its electronics. But may give abnormal results

If that doesn't work try switching frequencies. That doesn't work try a different location, maybe something is setting the machine off. That doesn't work try and update again. If that doesn't work I would pull the power to the battery. Its easy to do. That doesn't work send it in to service center.