Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus Finds "cut silver"

cometguy

Probably a little misleading on the lead in but it is definitely cut silver. Dug almost eight inches in a wheat field that was as hard as a rock for this sliver. It made a really sweet but faint sound. I can't tell you for sure the vdi numbers but I think they were in the mid-nineties. This is the second really nice coin I have found butchered lately. Not sure why people cut them up in this day and age. From the surviving piece it looks like this coin was mint when it went under the knife. Hitting this field hard in quest for the other pieces.

Don
HH

That looks more like the results of a lawn mower.... the shearing type.

You are one of the first people to say that. I think that it really has a unique tone on silver. It took me a while to realize it. When you don't find any for a while you start hoping and digging other tones but when you hit it again it comes back to you.

Don