Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus GOLD! ... And a Statistical Anomaly Part 1

DrJoeprime

Well, here's the anomaly:

My favorite finds have been Gold rings and my average recovery rate has been close to a ring a month. Best of times I've gotten 6 rings in 3 weeks...worst of times ...maybe 2 months between rings. So now my last Gold ring was September 4 and try as I might NO GOLD RINGS!

Until Saturday last....I was at the local boaters beach looking for deep old coins and hoping for Silver. This beach has only a 2" sand cover over a hardpack sand concretion. My regular sand scoop gets damaged trying to dig beyond about that 2". I carry a small garden pick to get down deeper. My efforts have been rewarded by a few Silver quarters and dimes and wheat pennies.

I was using my Deus DRY SAND program modified to 4K with disc at 22 and small coil. I picked up some wheat pennies at about 6"+ and then got this darn foil signal at about 31. I scuffed the sand with my foot and the signal moved so I knew it was shallow. I very nearly ignored the signal..figuring 99.9% chance it was foil...but decided to pick it up to clean the beach. So I scooped up the "foil" and nearly fainted when it showed up as a silver ring!

But wait...31 would not be silver! Slipping my glasses up I looked inside the ring...YES! Not Silver..NOT Junk! [size=large]14K[/size]
This was not my first Gold ring but after 6 dry months it sure felt like it! Gold is Good! This one 4.95 grams of goodness.

The wet sand was very tempting and although my PI's are much deeper I wanted to get more experience with the Deus in wet sand. I picked up enough signals to keep me satisfied (well, it doesn't take much). A few clad coins and some neat (to me) stainless steel washers nuts and bolts. Deepest signals were about 4" to 5". Then a ring! A pretty one but unmarked so probably junk...but still case worthy due to looks.

My enthusiasm that evening was so high that I decided to order the much needed new ring cases. I had 4 before (36 ring capacity) and I am on my 5th (maybe 6th) case already. I've done this by reusing the older cases and putting the rings in "storage". Coming soon..2 (72 ring) cases and 2 (36 ring) cases with a ton of foam ring holder inserts.

Gotta Love this hobby!

HH Joe
Gold10mar2.jpg
Ring10marmsdeuswetsm.jpg

DrJoeprime said:
I was using my Deus DRY SAND program modified to 4K with disc at 22 and small coil. I picked up some wheat pennies at about 6"+ and then got this darn foil signal at about 31. I scuffed the sand with my foot and the signal moved so I knew it was shallow. I very nearly ignored the signal..figuring 99.9% chance it was foil...but decided to pick it up to clean the beach. So I scooped up the "foil" and nearly fainted when it showed up as a silver ring!

Keep in mind, that you where using a 4Khz frequency program. The id numbers for gold and other items will be significally lower in 4khz, than when you where using a 12/18 KHz frequency.:thumbup: