Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus GOLD! ... And a Statistical Anomaly Part 2

DrJoeprime

With yesterday's Gold ring in my pocket (to re-check it's VDI) I went to my over-detected local southern beach (OK Seal Beach..if you must know).

I've been loving my Deus lately and put on the larger 11"X13" coil and proceeded to do the dry sand. Not all that productive but I didn't really care because I was very well aware of the Gold ring in my pocket. Saw another detectorist but he was done and heading away to the parking. Still...I persisted and digging a lot of foil and little aluminum chunks. The chunks were the remnants of soda cans littered on most of the beach by last autumn's storms. At least I only found them once and threw them away.

There was a nice little cut on the south end close to the pier. Switched to the WET SAND program but was able to up the sensitivity all the way to 99. My confidence with the WET SAND program has been growing each time I use it. The trick is to avoid all the "maybe" signals...and there's a lot of those. When you get one of the "sure thing" signals it is always real. I was getting a lot of hits. penny, penny, dime, quarter. Then a deep 95. I've learned to dig those deep 95's as they can be almost anything good. This was a real deepie .. my deepest wet sand find. At about 13 " it was a 1/4 ounce lead sinker. I keep all the sinkers and was happy to be able to get such a deep signal in the wet.

Then I got a 35 ... not a great number but at the 4K frequency and the very solid signal definitely interesting. At 4" deep I found a ring looking back at me from my scoop. Silver colored...glasses up.... YES! [size=14pt]14K [/size]

Of course I was very happy (you might say almost deliriously so!) .. BUT how weird and ironic to get two Gold rings a day apart when the exact same effort and skill and detectors and sites could not get me one in over six months? So..guess where I'm going this afternoon. Armed with the Sand Shark I plan to scour that wet sand...and just maybe I'll have 3 in 3 days.

This good gold was 6.1 grams

HH Joe
Gold11marsbdeuswetsm.jpg

Joe,

Great to see you back into a gold streak. I will be back in So Cal this summer. Hopefully we can hunt again and find some fresh gold left behind by the summer crowds. LOL

PryorCreekJoe