Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus headphones

For those of you who might be interested, my Radio Shack (Auvio wireless 33-283) headphones work great on the deus.
No lag and great audio.

Welwood470 said:
For those of you who might be interested, my Radio Shack (Auvio wireless 33-283) headphones work great on the deus.
No lag and great audio.
That's interesting. Do they pair with the control box or do you need a separate transmitter plugged into the control?
Cheers,
-Alex

Alex, they plug into the control box. The Auvio headphones come with the transmitter, smaller than
a matchbox. The transmitter has 3.5mm jack, but unable to plug directly into the control box all the
way due to width, so I use the Radio Shack 3.5mm inline male/female extension with volume
control and just velcro transmitter forward of the control box on the shaft. I run the extension
volume control full on and use headphone volume control to adjust. If you don't mind being
tetherd to the detector there is a lightweight headset with volume control at Walmart for less
than 10 bucks that also works well, at the least would be a good backup headset. Don't get me
wrong, I like the backphones that come with the Deus, but I had the Auvio wireless that I use
on my SE Pro and AT Pro and just had to give it a go. Good luck.

A couple of years ago I was hunting a field site and broke my koss phones so I ran down to radio shack, figured I would buy a cheap set to get me by till I could pick up another good set of phones. I ended up buying a set of auvio noise cancelling headphones. I thought I would use them at home, but I ended up loving them. They are a bit of a pain because they have batteries in them to provide the "noise cancelling" however they are worth the hassle. Crisp and clean, deep signals come through nicely. I used the back phones when I first got my deus but have went back to the auvios.

a meatier sturdier pair of headphones are on the horizon so i hear ,so you can forget those flimsy cans they give you

I managed to pick up a set of Auvio headphones from Radio Shack. They have been discontinued and it was the last pair in the store. I do find the transmitter with the conversion jack sticks too far out of the detector (Quattro in my case) so I'll probably be employing the same set-up you have. Don't suppose you have a photo available.