Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus on foil

Meditech

Here is a video of how foil hits 91 to 95 in the ground but out of the ground it reads correctly settings where Basic 1 sens 87, freq 11.7, iron volume 4, reactivity 2, silencer 2, audio resp 3, disc 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRtbquyFiO4&feature=youtu.be

Is that tin foil?

MOST tin foil on my Deus reads about in the 30 range. Dose this happen on all of your foil finds?

Yes it happens constantly and if the foil is smooth it sounds just like a deep coin. Gets pretty frustrating. But as soon as I get the foil out of the ground it reads in the 30's

I have checked foil on 4 khz and it has sounded good. If the id jumps around alot I wont dig but 3/4 of the time the id stays in the 90 95 range

I'm surprised that it would sound that good in 4Khz. I could see it in 18 or even 12Khz but when I have used 4Khz to check my targets I have been able to eliminate most trash targets, however I don't have much experience with the Deus and probably just haven't run into that issue yet. Hope you get some good answers and can eliminate your issue.

I agree with Bart. I have not experienced what you have going on at all. My foil always reads really low, in the ground and out. Can slaw is a different story but you said it's foil and I have not noticed foil hitting in high numbers like that. I also have not had foil hit differently in the ground from out of the ground. I have had foil show to be a deeper target and turn out to be shallow foil but this happens a lot and happens with every detector I have ever used. Let us know if you figure it out. I am sorry I don't have any better advice and I hope you figure it out.

I have the same experience. A small thin piece of foil will sound like a deep coin.
It might be one of the settings as it only happens in my deep coin program.