Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DEUS question

clad king

can the deus use standard batteries or is everything rechargable? can you also use other headphones? cladking

No, all 3 of the batteries for the Deus (coil, control unit and headphones) are rechargeable and not replaceable in the field . . . they have great battery life but that is why you can get the emergency charger unit which uses a AA battery to get back hunting in the field after a 30 minute charge.

You can use headphones but remeber, the jack is a 3.5mm plug which is not what most detectors use (other than the old Explorer S and XS). If you want to use a regular set, you will need to use an adapter from 3.5mm to 1/4"

Hope this helps

Andy Sabisch

Can the rechargable batteries be replaced by the user when the eventual happens, that is, when the rechargeables start losing their capacity. I read that a new Deus has a 15 hour charge before the batteries go dead. After a lot of charge/discharge cycles, that 15 hour charge will decrease. If the user cannot replace the recharables then I suppose one would have to send the unit back to the factory for new batteries. I wonder how much that would cost?

The batteries - all three - are Lithium Polymer and are designed so as to not loose life in terms of time between charges. The ones overseas have gone 2 years without issues. There is a car charger and an emergency in-field charger that will keep you hunting . . . . not sure how many people will be hunting 15+ hours between charges since it only takes 90 minutes or less to fully recharge.

The coil battery requires factory / service center personnel to replace but the other two can be done by the user.

Hope this helps

Andy Sabisch

There was another post on the same subject "Battery replacement". I think Andy may have replied to that one as well. Give it a look to see if anything different was posted.

It is possible to purchase a DIY replacement coil battery kit in the UK.

There was also a video showing how to go about it.

Myself I would leave it to the service centre.

My original Deus is now over 2 years old and gets used 3 sessions each week and while the batteries dont hold their charge for as long as in the early days they are still all good enough not to need changing as yet.

I hope this helps you guys. :) Jerry.

That you need to reseal it in order to ensure it remains watertight - even water from dewy grass getting inside is not a good thing. The service centers / factory can do it and ensure it is properly sealed . . . . I woudl rather have them do it in case something goes wrong since if you do it, you know what coverage you will have

Andy

if you want to void the warranty you might aswell go the full hog :lol:

http://xpdeus.ru/xp_deus_tuning.htm

Guess there is no warranty left on that unit . . . . . . . I think I'll stick to spending my time hunting with it and leave the "modification work" to others that are more adverturesome that I am . . . . .

================

"OK, when we bring this one to life we clear the table and start tearing into that XP Deus that came in through the back door last night . . . .

f1.jpg

Hi Andy
reading about how to replace the coil battery would it be possible to give complete replacement procedures as I dont think we have a service centre here in AUSTRALIA yet and I would have thoght that any batteyr outlet would have the knowledge or be able to find out how to replace carrectly from Deus including how to seal,

Hi Andy
reading about how to replace the coil battery would it be possible to give complete replacement procedures as I dont think we have a service centre here in AUSTRALIA yet and I would have thoght that any battey outlet would have the knowledge or be able to find out how to replace carrectly from Deus including how to seal,