Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deus V3.1 and Coils and Stability Question

Golden Eagle

Hello everyone. My new Deus came with V2. I've read somewhere that when updating to V3.1 that the coils shouldn't be near any obvious metal objects or even placed on the house floor due to hidden pipes or electrical wiring. That in doing so, this might cause an interference with the updating process resulting in things such as iron reading as a good signal, unpredictable and scratchy sounds, unstable readings, depth loss, etc... As such, the coils should be sticking out in the air from something like a plastic chair, or even the stairs when doing the update process along with making sure that the updating computer is connected and not running wireless. Seems a bit much for me but I just wanted to check to be sure.

Is there any truth to this?

Any input or personal experience would be appreciated.

Rob

Rob

When you connect the USB cable, the Deus does not see targets anymore so no worry . . . . . no when you turn it on to hunt, the coil needs to be away from metal and the ground . . . . I have updated mine with the coil sitting on the dining room table with a metal mechanism and it works just fine

Andy

Thanks for the info Andy. I appreciate it as I want the update process to go right the first time. I first read about this subject on an English Deus forum. A few of their members seemed pretty convinced that the installation of V3.1 went initially wrong for them the first couple of times due to the above mentioned factors since once their computer was wired and the coils were away from any metal or electrical wire interference, the update installation finally went right. Makes me wonder what really could've happened.:blink:

On another note... I'll be getting your book within a couple of days so I'm pretty happy about that. I've heard nothing but great reviews. I know you've worked very hard to see your book finally make it to print, but you did it! No small task Mr. Sabisch. My Deus is now worth more to me because of your book. And if the book is as good as the advice, tips, and help that you give here on Find's Treasure Forums, I plan to write some glowing reviews on some of the sites that carry it.

Rob

Well since communication with the coil is happening through the air (which is a shared medium for all kinds of electrical smog), strong electrical fields from other sources can disturb the communication, which might cause the upgrade to fail.
(Its like a laptop connected to WLAN or mobile phone lines, in some spots you may still have a connection, but data transfer fails anyway.)

I'm not sure, how well he routine is programmed to check the success of data transmission and application. So if in doubt at least the coil should not be too far and there should no field emitting devices between remote control and coil.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

From Alain on the XP's forum : no problem at all during the update then just put the detector On after updating far from any metalic source, as usual to calibrate the Deus as it should be.

Messagede Alain XP

Hi Olaf. Thank you for taking the time to reply. The more I read your posts, the more I see that you are quite a knowledgable man. It's good to that you're also so friendly as to reply to my questions!

Danke,

Rob

Quelle surprise!

Hello Alain. It's an real honor to hear from you. Thank you for your reply as it is quite clear and direct. (My favorite method of learning) I feel much more comfortable now in proceeding with the update. Perhaps some day I will have a chance to meet you as I live in Holland and I have driven to France many times. And if we do indeed meet someday and you would be willing to share it, I would also love to hear a little bit your story of success and how you got to be where you are today. True success always interests me as there is almost always a good story behind it that's unique and inspiring which can also be of help to others on their own road to success. Again, thank you for your reply.

Cordialement,,

Rob

All digital communication has redundancy checks to verify data transfer. While there may be corrupted data transferred, the only result is a slower transfer rate.
That is because it re-sends the data over and over till it gets the data packet right.

I updated mine right next to my steel framed tower PC and near steel office desk with no issues.
However if I could, I would have an update area clear of metallic influences.

Golden Eagle said:
Quelle surprise!

Hello Alain. It's an real honor to hear from you. Thank you for your reply as it is quite clear and direct. (My favorite method of learning) I feel much more comfortable now in proceeding with the update. Perhaps some day I will have a chance to meet you as I live in Holland and I have driven to France many times. And if we do indeed meet someday and you would be willing to share it, I would also love to hear a little bit your story of success and how you got to be where you are today. True success always interests me as there is almost always a good story behind it that's unique and inspiring which can also be of help to others on their own road to success. Again, thank you for your reply.

Cordialement,,

Rob

Hi, this was not Alain himself who posted this text but I, I was just transcribe what Alain said on the french xp's forum, sorry for the confusion.

Perhaps this is only susperstition ...but I finally got a good V3.1 on my Deus. The only change made was to have a freshly booted laptop with no other programs running.

Anyways it's probably a good idea to do the fresh boot prior to any sensitive computer downloads and upgrades.

Regards, Joe (California)

Oops... My bad. :rolleyes: Thanks for the perception correction. I'm glad you posted it anyway as it's important info. I'll be more careful next time but it's still kind of funny how I thought I was writing with Alain himself.

Rob

Ism said:
All digital communication has redundancy checks to verify data transfer. While there may be corrupted data transferred, the only result is a slower transfer rate.
That is because it re-sends the data over and over till it gets the data packet right.

... or till it runs into a (eventually uncaught) timeout.
Since we don't have the code of the update program, we won't know. We also don't know, what caused the update failures on a very few systems (here in Germany some people had no factory programs after first attempt, others complained that the coil was not found during process, one had the remote no longer working). All only reading in the forums, no first hands experience.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf