Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DFX - still using it??

Monkeys Uncle

Anyone still swinging a Whites DFX detector? If so...what do you consider it's strengths and or weakness.

DFX is a good detector .. My issue is the way it loads / startup . Like 3 or 4 things you have to do to get to the programs
Turn on. .. Mode .. EMI Balance .. Ground Balance .. Dark screen .. Back light will not even come on till this is done
2 Frequency
VX3 is easier .. 3 Frequency

DFX is a good detector .. My issue is the way it loads / startup . Like 3 or 4 things you have to do to get to the programs
Turn on. .. Mode .. EMI Balance .. Ground Balance .. Dark screen .. Back light will not even come on till this is done
2 Frequency
VX3 is easier .. 3 Frequency
I hear/read it is a 'killer' for nickels, i.e., "GOLD". Do you concur?

Go and try. You cann't go wrong with a white's. They're field proof and good machines, very well balanced. If you don't like it you may sell it for what you've paid for.

for jewelry hunting in parks.an sports fields etc. nothing can beat it in my opinion. Ive used about ten different detectors with this kind of hunting .Ive never used the v31 or vx3 I don't believe they could beat it. coin an jewelry hunting is just about all I do. water hunting is my favorite. I have one dfx,an thinking about getting another. I'm 75 and still going strong.

for jewelry hunting in parks.an sports fields etc. nothing can beat it in my opinion. Ive used about ten different detectors with this kind of hunting .Ive never used the v31 or vx3 I don't believe they could beat it. coin an jewelry hunting is just about all I do. water hunting is my favorite. I have one dfx,an thinking about getting another. I'm 75 and still going strong.
You go Jimmy! I'm 74 and still going...but never "strong". ;)

Im still using my DFX. I have the MXT and V3i to go along with it. I do mostly relic hunting here in N Alabama and really like the 15Khz frequency of the DFX. Seems to hit bullets better. I’ll be 70 in January and really want to stay in shape so I can be like you “old” guys. 😂

Just purchased one from EBAY. After I cleaned it up, I tested it in my coin garden. Beautiful clean smooth operation. It is sounding off loud and clear on 10 inch nickles.

Just purchased one from EBAY. After I cleaned it up, I tested it in my coin garden. Beautiful clean smooth operation. It is sounding off loud and clear on 10 inch nickles.
Used one for about a year and a half and got its best performance using single freq 15khz, and on sites not so busy with signals, Mixed Mode really lights it up. ;)