Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Did My First Garrett Ace APEX Detector Hunt In The Shallow Water At An Old Watering Hole

John-Edmonton

Staff member

Read the manual last night, went through the different programs to familiarize myself to the APEX and charged up both the wireless APEX Module and the Garrett MS-3 wireless headphones. Got up early, did a pre-function test, and the components worked as they should. I had been planning my first water hunt for some time for today, so I thought I would use the APEX. To keep it simple, I hunted in jewelry mode, @ 5 KHz hoping to get a silver ring or coin. I manually ground balanced the APEX prior working the shallow water. I also attached the Garrett shoulder sling on the detector, in case I accidentally dropped it, the electronics wouldn't go in to the water. It took a little time to get used to the 5 different tones, and being able to adjust the iron audio is a real blessing.

Hunting in jewelry mode, I dug all the repeatable signals, and was pleased to see how easy it was to get a nice clear high tone on the audio, for all three coins.

Here are the coins I dug. This location gave me 3-4 silver quarters last year using the Garrett AT Max. The AT Pro just didn't seem to have enough depth to get a silver here. Getting a silver coin in the water with the APEX was a real surprise!

DSCN2659.jpg

Why all the rusty bottle caps? Unless you were just digging all targets. Thanks for sharing your outing.

NIce finds. Where did you get an Apex? They don't get released until July sometime.

Why all the rusty bottle caps? Unless you were just digging all targets. Thanks for sharing your outing.

This was my orientation to the APEX. I did dig all repeatable signals. That's how I learn my machines. I have many hours left to get comfortable with it.

NIce finds. Where did you get an Apex? They don't get released until July sometime.

Release date is in August some time. My machine is to assess our coinage reaction. The final released version will be much different. Canada is one of America's biggest trading partners.