Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Different angle

A

Anonymous

Just a thought, has anyone ever took their pi to a so called hunted out site and gambled on digging a few faint ones. If so how did it go? Will most pi s go deeper on land then vlf s (no disc.)

Hi Chris,
I have known of a few cases where a cache was found on an inland site using a VLF and after it had been

On a land cache site with no iron contamination, for detecting multiple refined gold objects having a combined weght of five to ten pounds located at a depth of 20 to 25 feet deep, what type of PI unit to use, or do we bite the bullet and rent a GPR system. Backfill at site is volcanic boulders with compact dirt (no tunnels or voids) . Thanks again---Rick

We are talking totally cleaned out after 20-50 people came in after labor day and cleaned a 60 year old beach yet another year. So I got my Barracuda put the 12" loop on and went to work digging only faint sounds. I found a 1955 penny, 2 buffalo nickles and 2 gold rings! This my sound like a commericial but one of my Cudas are on sale now on E-bay Item# 296663373. I did this experiment in 1998 and in 1999 with the 8" loop I found a silver 1940's ring buried that long too. I guess nothing is cleaned out until you bring in a dredge and clean it that way.

Rick from So.Calif. said:
On a land cache site with no iron contamination, for detecting multiple refined gold objects having a combined weght of five to ten pounds located at a depth of 20 to 25 feet deep, what type of PI unit to use, or do we bite the bullet and rent a GPR system. Backfill at site is volcanic boulders with compact dirt (no tunnels or voids) . Thanks again---Rick

****************************************************​

Theoretically, practically; Rick, I cannot conceive any present day system, being able

to overcome the volcanic back-fill....even GPR.

20 to 25 ft of overlay is a daunting challenge,

Without factual data of the actual ground's electromagnetic and conductive properties,

then even a professional, (geologist, archaeologist or scientist) would only speculating on matters.

Pre-requisites of data needed for any offered discussion on the subject:-

Related FREQUENCY, 'ANTENNA',or LOOP DIMENSIONS,

In my opinion, don't even speculate on PI methods.

MATT