Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging the day after Christmas.

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
Hard to believe that a couple weeks ago we had 8 inches of snow on the ground. But, temps have slipped back up into the 40's and we even had a couple days of 50 degrees last week. Yesterday, Bill and I decided to hunt an old picnic grounds that has been kind to us for over 15 years. With sloppy ground underfoot, and a stiff breeze blowing across the field, we still managed to pull a few nice coins from the bean stubble. Here are the three nicest ones I got. Running the X-Terra 50 in a modified Pattern 1, (and switching to all-metal to better differentiate targets) the Mercury dime read 36, the Indian cent 33 and the Seated Liberty dime was a 39. All of them at a depth of about 5 inches. Always nice to find silver and IH cents. Even better when you can hunt during the last week of December. I took a couple pics of the coins. One as they came from the field and one after rinsing them off with water. HH Randy

Beautiful coins my friend, must have been a nice break in the cabin fever.:clap: You are on fire :hot:

come out for some people. Eastern or even Central Oregon we might get that lucky, but very seldom are they that decent from here in Western Oregon.

All silver is fine, but you gotta love the Seated Liberties!!

Monte

I'm just beginning to learn grading, but judging from your photo, I'll bet the Seated Liberty would pay for your gas to the picnic ground, a burger and something to wet our whistle. That's a nice find!

Relic

Monte, I wasn't as lucky with my finds but did get some silver. And not all IH don't come out as good as others. This one was found in the same park-corn field. It was on edge peeking out of the ground so may have got fertilized with the corn. Sure ate it up. Generally though when found at a good depth they will clean up like the one Digger found. Good Finds Digger!!!
HH
Bill

Maybe 2006 will become known as the year of the gold coins!!!!! HH Randy