Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Disc setting and depth

jdeiana

Anyone have any experience and or thoughts on how increasing the disc on the Racer will affect depth?

I have run it up to 70 and it didn't seem to change the average depths I was hitting. 5" to 7 " deep on coins.
I started at 10........40...50..and ended at 70 . All worked well except no nickel signals came through except one. It up averaged to 81 for some reason..

Machine runs quiet and stable .... after ground balance at all disc settings.

I also had tracking on.. I really like the tracking feature... This was in a heavy trash park. I know it is suggested not to use tracking in Di3..but the truth is it works exceptionally well.

I would say after 10 you lose some depth not much but sometimes a little is a lot

I don't think that you loose depth as much as the machines ability to ID fringe targets is compromised.

Much like the F75, once you increase the disc the fringe non-ferrous targets have a tendancy to ID as iron.

HH,
Brian

It is very chirpy in my soil at 10. I really don't mind it too much - but was thinking of giving my ears a break on the next hunt. Good to know that the consensus seems to be only a slight loss of depth. Thanks for your input everyone.