Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discovery Treasure Barons--new chip for Cointrax and more.....

A

Anonymous

Most of you are probably not familar with the Treasure Barons other than an occasional reference to them on the forums. They are a little different but the performance is right there with the best in low and moderate mineralization and work as well as most in higher mineralization. I've used most of the top models, actually still have a couple sitting in the closet that I haven't used in months, but prefer the Barons to any of them. They are currently out of production but Discovery is considering releasing a new model late this year and George Payne, who designed the Barons and developed most of the features on current detectors regardless of brand, is programming a new aftermarket micro chip for the existing Cointrax Barons. George is no longer connected with Discovery but if they release a new model it will almost certainly have the new chip. I am currently testing one of the current prototype chips in my Cointrax, it's a huge improvement, no exaggerating or BS, over the original chip and George is working on the second stage prototypes that will have even more improvements. For those who don't know about George, he's responsible for the technology that allows ground balancing, discrimination, ID meters, variable tone audio and the first computerized detector. If you have a Treasure Baron, are considering getting one, or are just a little curious about them click the link below. Gary and Mr. Bill gave permission allowing the link, in fact Mr. Bill is a Treasure Baron fan and is waiting on the new chips to be finished. Information about the various Baron models are there, as is information about the new chip. There are downloadable manuals, tips, instructions and George discussing various detector features. His article there on ground balancing is the best I've read. Check it out, there may be a Baron in your future.
JB