Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do NEL or MARS coils fit Gold Bug PRO? :usmc:

Old Nick

Does anyone know if the Mars or NEL coils will work on a Gold Bug Pro. I see a lot of them on eBay that say they work on a Gold Bug but there are soooo many options / types of Gold Bug detectors!

There is the OLD Gold Bug (Back in the '80s I think), the New Gold Bug, the Gold Bug SE, the Gold Bug Pro, and the Gold Bug DP (which is the gold bug pro with an 11" coil).

I would like to get something like the NEL Thunder (14.5" X 10.5") or NEL Hunter(12.5" X 8.5") or possibly one of the larger Mars coils, like the Mars Tiger 13" X 10" DD coil for coin hunting.

I'd appreciate some replies. I sent messages through eBay but no replies there...
Thanks,,,, NickL :usmc:

Yes Nel has coils for the Gold Bug Pro. Anything advertised for the Gold Bug also fit the Tek Greeks series, G2, G2+. Fisher F5, F19. One coil fits all. Mars claims their coils are tuned for the 19 Khz and list a separate col for the Lower Freq machines. My Mars Sniper coil sold for the G2 works on the Omega and vice versa for the Tiger coil.

Tom

I ordered a NEL Hunter 12.5”x8.5” DD. It's got to give me more depth for coins than the 5" that came with the unit. What I really wanted was something that would cover more ground. I found a map from 1894 that showed all mile sections and towns in a county. It also showed the locations of 78 <<<<<<<<<-------- yes 78 rural schools. I doubt that any of them are there any more, but if I can find a coin or two they'll have to be OLD! Now I just have to get a plat map for the county to see who owns the property now.

Wish me luck!
Old Nick

Well I hope the NEL hunter works well for you old nick it will get more depth than the 5 inch for sure.

Will the sharpshooter give a little more depth than the 5 inch coil.

Can't speak for the Gold Bug Pro, but my hunting buddies Sharpshooter coil on his F 75 gets almost a couple inches more depth then does my 5" DD on my F 75. Nothing still beats that 5", though, in heavy trash. Now, my Fisher 5 x 10 DD more then holds its own to the Sharpshooter, depth wise. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim will also check out the fisher 5x10 DD