Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone else hunt the PNW? Would love to hear about it

DOP

Hi everybody- The mountains of WA State can produce some amazing relics of our wild-west ancestry. Is anyone out there doing this too. There’s not a lot of literature out there about this area pre-statehood so we are working hard to unearth the relics and tell the story. Here’s our latest installment. Please subscribe if you like it!

N Idaho. Have a line on a couple old logging camp sites that were more like spike camps than the full designated camps. Also have a locate on an old homestead thats not well known but did produce some old cast iron stove parts and a short piece of narrow gauge rail track. Hoping to find more to see which way the ore cart was coming and going. Supposed to be an old school site up same general area and still currently looking for that too.

I got my start metal detecting in the PNW. I lived in the Eastside metro area of Portland in March of 1965 when I built my first Metal / Mineral Locator. Then I was absent from the area for one and a half years during which time I did some hunting in Utah.

I returned to the greater Portland metro area in July of 1971 and with the exception of a couple of brief times I was in Utah I have remained in different areas of Northwest Oregon near Portland, and I moved to Eastern Oregon in September of 2013.

My detecting journeys have taken me to many places throughout Oregon, only a little bit into Southwest Washington, and also into the south half of Idaho, the north half of Nevada, various parts throughout California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and all-around Utah. I've also adventured in to other states east of Colorado and Wyoming all the way to Florida and New Jersey on the East Coast.

But I'd have to say maybe 85 to 90% of my past 55 years of detecting has probably been in the Pacific Northwest of mainly Oregon with just a few parts of Southwest Washington and mainly Southwest Idaho. A lot of sites have provided a lot of fun and adventure and there are countless places left to be discovered and searched

Monte