Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone have Nel Hunter coil on explorer xs?

Irvin D Burke

I have this coil and I like it but it sounds off every time it bumps a stub or tree is this normal or do I need to send it back ?

I have one that I have run on an etrac and it's a very nice coil but never had that problem.
I would send it back if you can , if you can't and are interested in another one , I have one I'll sell you very reasonably.

Thankyou for responding ,I'll keep yours in mind. I texted the dealer I got it from he said the nel people said they are balanced and should not bang them against trees ,I told them there is a difference between banging and bumping. I did turn down my power from 20 to 19 it seemed to help but haven't had chance to get back into woods to hunt yet. I have one of the old Joey coils and never had a problem but found out the hard way if you powered it up to high you would miss targets . No falseing just missed targets maybe it's the soil in the foothills and mountains of va. I know your machine is different but where do you set your power setting?

Once again , I run mine on an etrac which I'm sure is different than your Explorer. All I can do is give you a cross reference. The soil here is very high in alkalinity and un-ionized iron with lots of decomposed granite and black sand ,,,,gold country. I typically see sens. readings of 10 to 15 on the etrac scale of 30 when running in auto +3 and using the stock coil. I found with the Hunter I could run sens. close to what I did with the stock while with the Ultimate and WOT 15" I could very seldom get out of auto +3 levels without falsing. The most stable large coil I have used is the 10 x 14 dd Excellerator which I can usually run a few points higher than rec.sens.
I have found in my ground that 10 over rec.sens is about the max I can run with any kind of stability with the stock coil and seldom see areas where I can go over the low 20s. That probably doesn't help since we are talking different machines.

Thankyou sprchng it's terrible getting old I think my problem is my memory, I don't think I hit noise cancel before I started hunting in the woods .lve had this ex. for at least 15 yrs. but for about a year I had a vaquero so I'm out of practice . I took it out in my yard remembering to hit noise cancel it worked great no sounding off at all as they say my bad.thanks again for helping

I occasionally make the transition from a fast machine (Deus or F75) back to a slow one (etrac) and it always takes me several attempts to gear down to the slow swing speed and I can sure empathize with going from the Tesoro to the Exp:) I hope that Hunter keeps working for you.