Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone use an F-Pulse pin pointer?

Have you tried a new battery, don't use rechargeable or lithium that will make the unit erratic .
Yes, I replaced those copper tops with new ones and it worked fine today.
Maybe the cold weather drained them faster then expected on my last outing.
Today I put the pin pointer inside the pouch upside down to keep the batteries from getting cold. Todays temp was 43 but with wind it felt colder, maybe around 37.

Do a search on how to factory reset this unit. I think you should reset it if you use change type of batteries. Carl has comments on the internet about its features and how to set them that the manual does not tell about. I have the first version and if you start it up close to metal, it will lock up and require you to unscrew the battery cap to turn it off. The new ones don't do this. I don't turn it on near metal anymore, problem solved! It is deeper than my carrot and almost as deep as the TRX. If it starts up noisy, just hit the button to retune it. Some people complained that it took too long to shut off but the reset makes it faster. I have been very satisfied with this pinpointer. Mine is the F Pulse.

Lithium batteries last longer and work better in the cold but the pointer really needs to be reset to work properly with them as described by Carl. He has posted on a couple of different places about this. It is worth your time to read what he has to say if you own the Teck Pulse or F Pulse.

Weak batteries have been the cause of problems many times. I can't emphasize how owning a battery tester, even a cheap $5 one, can make life easier. I've had a bad battery in a new package more than once. I've also seen when some wear down faster than others. A tester will pay for itself, give you a piece of mind and help trouble shoot.

Do a search on how to factory reset this unit. I think you should reset it if you use change type of batteries. Carl has comments on the internet about its features and how to set them that the manual does not tell about. I have the first version and if you start it up close to metal, it will lock up and require you to unscrew the battery cap to turn it off. The new ones don't do this. I don't turn it on near metal anymore, problem solved! It is deeper than my carrot and almost as deep as the TRX. If it starts up noisy, just hit the button to retune it. Some people complained that it took too long to shut off but the reset makes it faster. I have been very satisfied with this pinpointer. Mine is the F Pulse.

Lithium batteries last longer and work better in the cold but the pointer really needs to be reset to work properly with them as described by Carl. He has posted on a couple of different places about this. It is worth your time to read what he has to say if you own the Teck Pulse or F Pulse.
Picket wire, yeah the pointer goes deep, I like it for that. I’ll look up Carl’s stuff, thanks.