Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does Garrett plan on releasing new Whites products

My research reveals the i is the V3i added International languages to the menu. However, I read here that it was something else. I believe the White's Spectra V3i is still the best multi-freq. that has simultaneous freq. read out; together, with the only metal detector I am aware of that provides multi-freq. pinpoint readout simultaneously? I love mine! I will never sell it! I believe it is the only one on the market that teaches patience! It will teach one metal detecting! The build quality of the White's products, and Garrett are second to none. I could not fathom spending that kind of money only to worry if the ears on the coil would break! I also own another multi-freq. metal detector. The build quality between the two does not compare. Prior to White's closing I sent mine in, and they sent it back with a new coil free of charge, including free shipping.
C.J.M. I hope this answers your post.

Leatherneck,

Agreed about the build quality. I will miss Whites toughness. 30 plus years ago, all the detector companies built their machines like tanks. Today, everyone is demanding reduced weight. Unfortunately, plastic is thinned out and one minor drop or bang on a rock has bad consequences.

The pictures that I’ve seen of the current 24k have both the Whites and Garrett name on the faceplate. So I doubt there are any refinements or changes. As for future models, there is a computer chip shortage going on. It could take many years to straighten that out.

Lets Go Brandon
This information comes directly from the main field tester: Garrett went over every tiny detail of the original Whites Goldmaster 24K design, lightened and improved tolerances of the supplied coil and added quality rechargeable batteries, charger and LOWERED the price by almost $100.

My Garrett GM 24K works and feels better than my original Whites version of the 24K which had many problems right out of the box.

Garrett really needed a competitive gold prospecting VLF for the African market. The 24K solved that problem. Great detector for micro gold jewelry too and can be used for relics and coins easily.

Whether Garrett will release any other Whites detectors "AS IS" or with slight modifications...........who knows. Some, including me think that a variant of the DFX SMF tech is in the APEX already.

I have two questions: 1.) Whats the difference v3i vs. v3 ? (2. whats the favorite white's detector for your all around basic hunting??Thanks CJM
This is a c/p from Detector stuff.
New features implemented by the V3i upgrade include:

- Support for Foreign languages (i -> international)
- On-board Quick Reference system
- Stereo mix-mode audio
- Polar analysis plot
- Prospecting analysis scan
- Single frequency salt tracking
- Several other minor improvements

...Plus you get a cool sticker on your returned machine saying it’s now a V3i!
As I stated: I will never sell it!
I believe they will hold their value well.

Leatherneck,
Semper fidelis

This information comes directly from the main field tester: Garrett went over every tiny detail of the original Whites Goldmaster 24K design, lightened and improved tolerances of the supplied coil and added quality rechargeable batteries, charger and LOWERED the price by almost $100.

My Garrett GM 24K works and feels better than my original Whites version of the 24K which had many problems right out of the box.

Garrett really needed a competitive gold prospecting VLF for the African market. The 24K solved that problem. Great detector for micro gold jewelry too and can be used for relics and coins easily.

Whether Garrett will release any other Whites detectors "AS IS" or with slight modifications...........who knows. Some, including me think that a variant of the DFX SMF tech is in the APEX already.
[/

Glad they improved the batteries. Sounds like a great machine. Can potentially be my 5th gold machine.

Bulletman, like you I stopped buying Whites years ago because of the weight. Weight is a killer for older "swingers". After 48 years of detecting I look first at the weight of a new machine . With modern technology I see no reason for a detector to exceed 2.5#. Less would be better.

I’ve been watching, waiting for Garrett to make the best of the intellectual and physical property they purchased from Whites. One idea I push is a reconfigured V3i with tech updates and a streamlining of the menu navigation to attract those who felt it was too much. Lighter, waterproof with Garrett’s waterproof connectors for coil & headphones.
I still have my V3i (plus 10 other detectors) but unless I use my hip mount (tangles up in the woods) it’s way more to swing than my Nox or F75 or….
35 years ago I was swinging blue box 6000Di Pro and similar no prob but wrist fatigue but then I was 30 years old.
Another gem is my TDI Beachunter, with all Garrett’s PI expertise they have to bring this back in some form. At the elevated price point it would go for I don’t think it would knock the Seahunter MK2 off the list. My Seahunter is a great travel PI and goes to MX often with me.
I stumbled accross this topic and had to comment as a long time Whites guy.
Yes
Totally agree.
I am hoping Garrett will combine technologies.
Especially Whites TDI tech onto their Infinium.
Or Whites GB , confidence blocks and tracking tech to the AT and ACE series detector's.
They have an advantage now.
They posses patents from both companies.
And can use them as they see fit.
Under patent laws companies can Only use their technology.
I'm hoping they'll aquire Tesoro next.
Best Iron discrimination in the industry.
Combining those three technologies.
Could be Very interesting.

i just acquired an mxt pro, fifth target i located was a gold ring. The way it sounded off on the previous 4 targets and accuracy pinpointing, i believe its a keeper. wont be letting this one go

Have two dfx's.... Love those machines also... Just fell the V3i is alittle deeper . Still love the dfx though
Have two dfx's.... Love those machines also... Just fell the V3i is alittle deeper . Still love the dfx though
Hi Terry. I got my dfx in 2002. ive had 14 detectors sense then, that ive sold. my dfx is still here. I do use different detectors for deeper, faster work, but I mostly am able to hunt sports fields sometimes an older house place an such. my point is the dfx is the best gold jewelry iding machine, period. of course that's my exp.

Many of us die hard White's metal detector enthusiast (as myself) agree White's had warranty, quality craftsmanship second to none; together, with a rapport with customer satisfaction. With any possible infringement on any patent intellectual and physical property would have been absorbed with Garrett obtaining White's? It is my understanding the Spectra V3i is still the leader in simultaneous multi-freq./kHz that display simultaneous with a beautiful, color-coded graph displaying in the search mode and in the pinpoint mode?
This is a feature White's had. Those who used the Spectra V3i did you realize this? c/p To keep users from having to learn all these different phase response scales, White’s has chosen to normalize them all to a standard VDI scale. Therefore, a US nickel detected with a 6kHz detector will have the same VDI as with a 15kHz detector.
For historical reasons, the standard VDI scale is based on a 6.592kHz detector. The standard VDI scale is shown below. Ante.
Perhaps because I have studied the technology and appreciate the 'simultaneous' multi-freq./kHz and realizing it was certainly an arduous learning curve causes me to wonder if my fellow members had studied this?

Leatherneck

I wish Garrett would make a TRX pinpointer, one that points on the tip and has about the same depth as the TRX. I lost mine in a field hunt and now use the Carrett, I loved my TRX, just a good pointer.
+1 I love mine. I've seen them sell used for over double what I paid new but I wouldn't sell mine for that.

I’m with you on the updated V3i. Speed it up with new processors and cut out the things that only confuses even the advanced detectorist. I have mine set up for my conditions and base different programs off of that. Basically making it a simple machine for me that is a killer machine. However, not everyone wants to go through the steep learning curve to get to that point.
I found this guy and he really simplifies the learning curve IMO. I have a V3i coming soon and want to get it up and working ASAP.