Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does gold detected always show on the arc

I just got my Gold Bug Pro and had it out detecting once. My question when I hit gold will it show on the arc on the top of the screen all the time. Also will it make a zippy sound? I got good at finding eight shot lead and 22 rifle lead but haven't found any gold but will sooner or later .This is my first gold detector , still have my V3i and will keep it as its a coin and jewelry magnet. Thanks for any information anyone can offer

I never look at that arc myself because the big ID at the center of the screen is so overwhelming and the only info I need but it will definitely give you a solid ID both visually and through the VCO audio. The ID can vary so much on gold that you have to dig almost everything past iron and perhaps small foil if you don't want to pass up anything gold. I found a super tiny gold ring last year that was 48 on the ID and that's just past iron. It came in loud and clear at about 4 inches in the sand. It can go high on the ID as well on big gold rings (70-80).

dfmike, thanks , I dig about everything, was starting to figure out the bullet sound and readings, I'm I an area with a lot of black sand an iron soil but will be working an area with less human traffic so hope fine a nugget or two. I can relate to the reading jumping around and am reground balancing often as not to miss anything. Will the 5X10 coil shoot deeper or should I stick with the 5" round coil, thanks again

Technically the 5 X 10 should go a bit deeper at the cost of ultimate separation. I have the 5 inch round coil but don't use it very often. I probably should but it takes a lot of patience to cover a decent amount of ground with that coil. I don't have the stock 5 X 10 but have a Detech 5 X 10 SEF and it is slightly deeper than the 5" round coil. My F19 was shipped with the Fisher 11 DD which I use about 80 percent of the time on that detector. I really prefer it to any other coil that I have. The F19 performs great with it especially in tough soil. I'm sure you would like it on your Gold Bug.

Yea I didn't get the 11" with my package might have to get one, haven't used it for coin shooting yet but plan to soon, its so dry here and hotter than H out, so will have to let it cool down a bit. When its so dry its hard to get a good read deep plus the soil is hard as a rock, I can detect in irrigated ground. Went to a ski slope last week but used my V3i and did pretty good but the grass was pretty tall so it was a real fight I pretty much pushed it thru the grass and still got some good coins, my friend found a buffalo head nickel and a war nickel which surprised us we'll be going back but might have to wait till spring when the grass is flat . Will the 11" shoot deeper than the 5x10? or just cover more ground. I tried the five inch for gold again but no luck yet I was in some pretty rough area with a lot of down trees, good gold country so it will be just a matter of time will try the 5x10 next time to cover a little more ground. thanks again

The 11 DD will go deeper than the 5 X 10. By how much ? That's hard to say but I believe 1 to 2 inches would be a realistic figure in most areas and on most targets.

Not all the time, perchdoctor, sometimes in All Metal you'll just get a little threshold waver and you'll have to kick a little dirt away to get a response on the arc. Eight shot lead is pretty good. But yeah, if the signal is strong enough to give an id on the arc, it will zip. If not, you will just get the waver. Don't pay any attention to where on the arc it displays just listen for the zip. I assume you are using the 5"DD. If you are looking to add a coil, you would want to add the 5x10" DD. The 11"DD snags too easy, and you'll appreciate the narrower point.

I have experience with the GoldBug Pro and the F19. G2+ is on the list as I like the handle grip setup better but I've been busy with something else and haven't made the purchase yet.

Hey, next time you hit a peice of iron, bob your coil over it and watch the phase number.

Good luck.
HH
Mike

Mike Hillis said:
Hey, next time you hit a peice of iron, bob your coil over it and watch the phase number.

Good luck.
HH
Mike

It's too bad the phase number doesn't show up in discrimination as well. We have it on perpetually on the F5 of course. I find it useful.

You need lots of patient. I found 3 super tiny nuggets last time out. I keep my swing speed up, don't swing as slow as people say - you need some swing speed-this machine runs fast so no worries missing targets..I use a large piece of ply wood and spred out a thin layer-small nuggets only surface hits.You will find the small guys hardly sound off, until you get right on them.No arc display just a sound.Even when rubbed on coil= just sound.Using the plywood trick I am finding nuggets I could never find before.i can sped out real thin and flat-then lift sheet and clear off for next testing.
Im sure a tarp would work- I find a surface free of hot rocks of scrap metal.

I run my machine super hot, I ground balance, then increase it.I run it at 90-100 gain. I always try to have a magnetic pickup tool it will find most hot rocks.This very important if you want to find nuggets right away.If not put into gold pan and pan out later- this will speed up your dig time,Be prepared to be frustrated-you need to dig all targets -as I had lots of small guys ding in at 20-30.
Mind you if your in area with insane amounts of iron scrap or hot rocks Use the disc but keep at 0 and use the ID/magnetic graph. If its a 20-30 it may still be gold but not so if the magnetic bar reads higher than 2 bars. The magnetic readout helps determine if its iron/hot rock also.
You need practise, this machine runs hot and you can run on lower gain, but you will lose its ability to find real small gold.You will still find big/medium guys but if you want tiny you need to run it hot.