Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does quattro get better depth when using all-metal or using some discrimination?

yogaguy

Hi all. I was just wondering if the quattro gets more depth in the all-metal mode, or when using some discrimination? I have read that some brands of detectors are the opposite, (or seem to be at least) of what the norm. would be, with detectors normally getting more depth in all-metal mode. Thank's. Sincerely, Randy

I say the answer to that is both yes and no. I didn't see any difference in my testing on some deep targets that I detected in all metal and then switching to disc. But I think where you might miss a deeper target (or even one that isn't as deep) is if you have a target that you have accepted near a target that you have rejected. So when the machine nulls on the rejected target you may miss the accepted target. Whereas if you run all metal, you may be able to hear both of them.

That if you have a good target close to a disc out target you may miss the good target, or not get a good enough response to check it out further. If you are in a new area where coins are not that deep or a lot of trash you may want to run a disc out pattern of many of the trash items. Now if you are in a older area where targets are deeper and harder to hear i feel a pattern with no disc or very little will produce more of the deeper finds.
One of the things that I liked with the Quattro was the switching between the different mode so fast and easy. plus setting up different settings. I would get fooled with rusty nails a lot as they sounded so good, but using the all metal or relic ferrous mode with setting up my disc pattern those nails now become low tones. I could switch mode to check it in the coin mode too to double check.
Another way many will check them too is by runing the coin mode and if you get a iffy signal switch to the all metal mode to double check that signal, many would become great signals from a iffy one because of the trash or other item beside the target.
In the end we seen with the Explorer and the Quattro that a all metal mode or one that has very little disc may seem to get more depth, but think it is more of hearing a good target that was close to a disc out one.

Hi. Just wanted to thank-you both for the replies and suggestions. I have found all the info. and suggestions on this forum very helpful and enjoy the advice given. Sincerely, Randy