Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't Let This Happen To You!!!

88junior

On your CZ'S check and make sure that the set screw on the knobs are tight. I lost one and contacted Fisher about a replacement it's price is 1.68 which isn't bad but the shipping cost is 8.99 for a item that weighs less than a ounce. I am now debating on just replacing all the knobs with another brand that I can order offline and get 10 of for cheaper than what Fisher wants total for the knob and shipping for one.

Good advice for all especially if you have the older CZ's that has different knobs than the current ones...Go to your hardware store and get the super small allen wrench and check the knobs for tightness. Take your detector along to make sure you get the proper one..What makes your problem more difficult you lost the larger one.
PS: older model versions haven't been made in years so imagine impossible to find unless one of the members has one in extras box...

None of the hardware is special - all off the shelf. the exact knob may or may not be easy to find, but your nearest Ace Hardware or perhaps watchmaker should be able to either provide a suitable set screw or tell you what diameter and pitch it is so you can order online.

The older style is hard, if not impossible, to find. The old style has a longer pointer on the knob. I find it a little easier to flip the old style knobs between all metal and disc 0 and back than the newer ones. Last CZ5 I had came with the old style. My CZ6a had a badly cracked disc knob so I took the old style from the CZ5 and put it on my trusty old CZ6a and sold the CZ5 with a new knob on the disc.

Yes I learned a long time ago to buy a Allen wrench 1/64" I think it's like the smallest one. I give them a good snug every spring and check them monthly as lost one once.
Plus I hate the New knobs they use along with the cheap New arm cups from the F Detectors. They look so cheap.

I contacted Felix and Tim at Fisher and they took good care of me on the knob. I appreciate their great customer service.