Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug this thin child's .8 gram Silver ring two days ago

Dancer

Was hunting a hunted out little league ball field. Catching some deeper dimes and nickels here and there. Sorta nice cause these other hunters cleaned up a lot of the trash. I remember this ring, it barely gave a chirp between the iron grunts. Didn't even know it was Silver till I got home. So before taking this picture, I placed it on the ground and ran the coil over it. Barely registered. Now I dug it out of moist ground, I thought about 3 inches. Now I dunno. Laying on top in my yard what I heard, wouldn't have due it. Makes a guy wonder. Oh I had my settings jacked up near the Max in mild ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20210310_161938.jpg
    IMG_20210310_161938.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 225
Wet soil makes good detecting.
Some people estimate up to 30% more depth in wet soil.
I don't know if it that much but I do know it more than dry soil.
I believe wet soil makes for less resistance.

Dancer, very first ring I recovered with F75 was a small child style sterling ring that weighed just slightly more. It too was in damp soil as the University runs sprinklers early morning. I sometimes get a one way chirp and in trying to locate or verify it wont repeat. I am finding if I can get it to repeat the one way or if it will chirp again at 90 degree angles then I will dig. In those instances I went after single non repeatable chirps it ended up nothing or possible large deep iron. Chirps usually junk but as in the case of the small ring sometimes its not.

Ronsrar, can you imagine how many times all of us getting that near nickel signal, ended up completely Faked out ! How many times Ive said to myself "Thats gotta be something good" No matter what machine. Than theres been a couple really light gold rings I've dug, and at home wouldnt air test. Most places I hunt if I really dug everything, it would be ready to plant corn when finished