Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eagle II SL

Cruiserjim

I just picked up a black box Eagle II SL, after the screen clears on power up there is a CJ next to LAN/REJ/SET. I have read the instructions and can't find anything about this indication. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

If it's not in your instructions, then you've got the wrong instructions....probably the ones for the original Eagle.
The Eagle II SL 90 Basic Users manual lists the preset starting programs on the very first page;
CJ = Coin & Jewelry, PP = Prospecting & Relic, bh = Beach Hunting, and ch=competition hunting.

Along with the Basic Users manual, there was also an Advanced manual.
Try to find both. There are a lot of hidden features in the SL 90, and it was one of my favorite detectors back in the day.

I've still got one black Eagle II SL 90, and one of the older blue Eagle II, and have fitted them with C to AA adapters for the power packs.
(It helps a little with the weight, and the newer NiMH AA's actually have more capacity then the original NiCad C cells had.)

Congrats on you acquisition, have fun, and good luck hunting!
:)
mike

PS - And yes, White's did a really nice thing by printing most of the critical info on the control box....We could use more of that today.

If it's not in your instructions, then you've got the wrong instructions....probably the ones for the original Eagle.
The Eagle II SL 90 Basic Users manual lists the preset starting programs on the very first page;
CJ = Coin & Jewelry, PP = Prospecting & Relic, bh = Beach Hunting, and ch=competition hunting.

Along with the Basic Users manual, there was also an Advanced manual.
Try to find both. There are a lot of hidden features in the SL 90, and it was one of my favorite detectors back in the day.

I've still got one black Eagle II SL 90, and one of the older blue Eagle II, and have fitted them with C to AA adapters for the power packs.
(It helps a little with the weight, and the newer NiMH AA's actually have more capacity then the original NiCad C cells had.)

Congrats on you acquisition, have fun, and good luck hunting!
:)
mike

PS - And yes, White's did a really nice thing by printing most of the critical info on the control box....We could use more of that today.
The manual I have is for the EAGLE II S & SL , I went over that thing 3 times with no luck .

Have you ever used the C size Lithium Ion batteries ... mine came with 2 of the C-cell battery packs so I am thinking about giving it a try.

It also has a different coil, I believe its a 9.5" concentric coil

Oh man, I had two eagle II blue box units back in the day. Whites had modified them for me to a similar xlt handle set-up. These detectors were excellent for their period of use. Boy, did I find ALOT of change with those units. If target ID rang 20-21 ( I think ) Sure as Sh*t it was a nickel 95/100 times.
Loved those detectors.
Mark ( ohio )