Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ear ring lost and found

GeorgeinSC

On Monday the 20th I was down in South West Florida detecting one of their beaches. Finds were few and very far between. Finding far more junk than good targets.

A gentleman walked up and got my attention. He said that a Lady had lost her ring and needed me to see if I could find it for her.

I was more than glad to assist. I went up to where a group of people were milling around looking at the sand. A very panicky lady said I have lost my ear ring. Can you find it.

I asked what the ring was made of and she said silver. I worked the area where she indicated that she had lost the earring and all I found was one copper penny. A gentleman that was with the group grabbed the penny out of my scoop like an hungry eagle grabbing a fish.

I then moved over a little ways and hit a nice sounding target. Took the scoop and got a shallow scoop of sand. Spread it out with my foot and she screamed "I see it. I see it." I stepped back and she grabbed her ear ring. I wondered why she was in such a panic over an ear ring that might have cost 30 to 40 dollars new. But I did not ask. It may have been a gift from someone she loved.

She thanked me multiple times and I went back out to the beach to find even more junk. My brother in law helped a youngster find his toy car that he had lost in the sand.

The old saying is that no good deed goes unpunished must be true as we spent a number of hours on the beach and found almost nothing for our efforts.

It did feel good to be able to help soothe the ladies panicked soul.

Nice job!

Yes ,its funny.....some people ask ....of course....do you ever find anything? Then, others follow you around and every hit.....its just got to be a gold doubloon!....that THEY want to recover for you!

Nice job GSC.....as you said, the monetary value of the rings, ear rings and other items we find can mean so much more in memories to the person that lost it than we will never know.WTG