Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Elite Meter

A

Anonymous

Hmm I will eventually do the rescaling mod to 180 but in the meantime I jsut can't get a quarter to hit at 550. Instead everything seems to be notched down 5. I get a 445 instead. Anyone else have this problem? I have the knob turned all the way over and everything.

Well I would say that the time to do the mod is sooner rather than later. You'll be much happier with the tighter 180 scale. In the meantime, if you don't want to do the mod for some reason, you could use the procedure for doing the mod to open up the meter and adjust the potentiometer to allow the attainment of 550 with a quarter. There is an internal adjustment for this. Or you could send it back to Minelab and have them fix it. My vote is to do the mod.
Here's a link to a very detailed post on how it's done, including the internal adjustment of the potentiometer if you decide to just go that route.

I just did the rescale mod a week ago. I had just purchased a used Sovereign XS2-Pro and noticed the meter adjustment control was not working smoothly. When I opened up the meter to do the rescale I found that the adjustment control was rusted/corroded, so this could be your problem, too. The kit comes with a new adjustment control.

Thanks guys. I think I am just going to do the mod. Be the better route I think.