Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 700 vs 900

DigDog

So is the only real difference between the two is that the 900 has gold prospecting mode using the higher frequencies?
Say i just wanted to use 10khz and 15khz and occasionally multi, are they operating exactly the same in those modes no difference whatsoever?
Why would someone get the 900 then if they don’t do gold prospecting?
What if any other feature difference between the two using it in those modes for park and beach detecting

On any of the 3 or 4 forums I frequent, I have never seen a reference for anyone using the 700. Seemingly there should be some, but its all 900 activity that I have seen??? HH jim tn
I would think there would be quite a few.
As I understand the 700 is basically everything the 900 is except for gold prospecting which I don’t believe the majority on the forums gold prospect and if they do they usually have detectors more suitable for prospecting with much higher frequencies and other features. Technically the 900 could be used for prospecting but not ideal so why not save the money if you don’t, or is it a better performing detector all around.
Be nice to get opinions from people who have knowledge of both in the field not just whats on paper

Technical Specifications of the Equinox 700 and 900​

Tech SpecEquinox 700Equinox 900
Search ModesPark, Field, BeachPark, Field, Beach, Gold
All-Metal ShortcutYesYes
Custom Search Profile68
User Profile ButtonNoYes
Operating Freqs [kHz]Multi, 4, 5, 10, 15Multi, 4, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40
Noise CancelAuto (19 Channels)Auto, manual (19 channels)
Ground BalanceAuto, manual, trackingAuto, manual, tracking
Sensitivity1-251-28
Target Volume0-250-25
Threshold Level0-250-25
Threshold PitchFixed0-25
Target ID-19 to 0 = Ferrous, 1-99 = Non-Ferrous-19 to 0 = Ferrous, 1-99 = Non-Ferrous
Target Tones1, 2, 5 , All tones, Depth1, 2, 5 , All tones, Depth
Tone BreakFerrous (T1)Ferrous, non-ferrous, T1, T2, T3, T4
Tone PitchTone 1 adjustable 0-25adjustable 0-25
Tone VolumeTone 1 adjustable 0-25adjustable 0-25
Recovery Speed1-31-8
Iron Bias0-30-9
Depth Indicator5 Levels5 Levels
Discrimination Segments119119
Pinpoint ModeYesYes
Wireless AudioYesYes
Length24″ collapsed, 56.7″ extended24″ collapsed, 56.7″ extended
Weight2.8 lbs2.8 lbs
DisplayLCDLCD
Display and Keyboard BacklightOff, High, Low, backlight (red)Off, High, Medium, Low, backlight (red)
FlashlightYesYes
VibrationYesYes
Supplied Coil11″ DD w/skid Plate11″ DD and 6″ Coil
Audio OutBuilt in speaker, Wired 1/8″ and wireless headphonesBuilt in speaker, Wired 1/8″ and wireless headphones
Supplied HeadphonesML 85 Low Latency wireless headphonesML 85 Low Latency wireless headphones
Battery3.7V/5100 mAh Internal Lithium-lon battery3.7V/5100 mAh Internal Lithium-lon battery
Waterproof16 feet IP6816 feet IP68
Key TechnologiesMulti-IQMulti-IQ
Price$699.00$1099.00

I like threshold and user profile so that would be enough for me. Dose the sensitivity actually go higher or just scaled different? Never had a site that i could open up the 800 sensitivity so doubt much diff. first post since knee replacement, i think. whew🥴

I like threshold and user profile so that would be enough for me. Dose the sensitivity actually go higher or just scaled different? Never had a site that i could open up the 800 sensitivity so doubt much diff. first post since knee replacement, i think. whew🥴
Interesting
Alot of the extras I wouldn’t really consider but the thing that really stood out was the sensitivity as well.
Is it more sensitive (powerful) or just the way they do the scale
I have very little to no mineralization so unless there is alot of emi you can pretty much run it wide open

Recovery speeds are a plus for the 900 and my hunting buddy likes the additional operating frequencies of 20 and 40 as he frequently small jewelry hunts. Some guys like the extra tone breaks, too. I have the 600 and thinking hard on going to the 900. HH jim tn

Recovery speeds are a plus for the 900 and my hunting buddy likes the additional operating frequencies of 20 and 40 as he frequently small jewelry hunts. Some guys like the extra tone breaks, too. I have the 600 and thinking hard on going to the 900. HH jim tn
I was thinking also if anything else the recovery speeds might help especially going from beach to park and back
I don’t know if i would use single frequency 20 or 40 though, they say multi is exactly the same between the two and im sure those high frequencies are incorporated into multi.
But thats the one big question because the 700 doesn’t have all the same frequencies missing the high ones is multi really the same using the same sets of frequencies

I don’t know if i would use single frequency 20 or 40 though,
They don't mean anything to me, either. However, single frequency can really aid in curtailing emi if need be. My buddy, though, has a route of 4-5 tot lots he hits each Sun a m early and you would be amazed how much small gold he finds using those higher frequencies. The additional recovery speeds are what appeal to me the most.

Don't know for sure about depth. He got a whisper with his 900 and he called me over to see what I thought about it with my 600. I had no problems hearing the target, but it was pretty faint. Would have been easy to miss. Anyway, it was a clad quarter at a true 91/2-10" deep. The Garrett pin pointer was a inch below ground level. Yeah, clad that deep. It was on the edge of a elevated t box on a golf course that is closed for renovation. Anyway, probably won't miss or gain much however one chooses. HH jim tn

Don't now anything about the new minelab offerings but will say l like the gold mode for relic hunting. I like the threshold for picking out targets. Not all metal based but a software rendition.

They don't mean anything to me, either. However, single frequency can really aid in curtailing emi if need be. My buddy, though, has a route of 4-5 tot lots he hits each Sun a m early and you would be amazed how much small gold he finds using those higher frequencies. The additional recovery speeds are what appeal to me the most.

Don't know for sure about depth. He got a whisper with his 900 and he called me over to see what I thought about it with my 600. I had no problems hearing the target, but it was pretty faint. Would have been easy to miss. Anyway, it was a clad quarter at a true 91/2-10" deep. The Garrett pin pointer was a inch below ground level. Yeah, clad that deep. It was on the edge of a elevated t box on a golf course that is closed for renovation. Anyway, probably won't miss or gain much however one chooses. HH jim tn
The only single frequency i use is 15khz maybe 10khz if i feel like trying something different. I am partial to 15khz probably from using my tesoros I really liked and they ran in the 14khz range. They were good on small things even gold jewelry and still had really good depth.
The thing is i only use a 6” coil now as for one I don’t want to dig 12” holes anymore,getting to old for that in this heat lol and with the 6” get better sensitivity and separation. Works out really good. I don’t mind taking my time with it but probably going with a 6x9 to get a little better coverage. So want to squeeze out as much depth with the 6”
I think the 20khz and especially 40 khz with a 6” coil is really going to struggle with depth.
Don’t want 12” holes but more than 3 or 4. Up to 6”-8” is a nice comfortable zone
The only place i would throw the big coil on is the beach but thats rare i go to anymore. We are a beach state and everyone and their brother hunts the beach. I live only 5 minutes from the closest beach you would think i would hunt there the most but i like to find odd places, more of a challenge and more interesting. You live basically on the beach most your life and it gets a little boring. Want something different, I actually enjoy the parks more and there especially with all the trash the small coil is also better. Plus they are all basically new parks so depth isn’t really a necessity.
You can get good depth with like 4khz but loosing sensitivity to really small things. Multi is probably the way to go now as it’s supposed to give max depth and sensitivity. Again is the 700 and 900 truly the same in multi. They claim they are but running different frequencies and sensitivity settings you have to wonder.
They would have to both run the same exact set of frequencies the same way but they won’t list the frequencies used in multi. Proprietary Information I guess.
And then there is the factor that I didn’t know and someone pointed out about the sensitivity settings are different.
One goes higher than the other, so does that mean one actually puts out more or do they just use a different scale. That’s another unknown.
I guess only people who have used them side by side in comparison would notice the differences. Whats on paper and advertising can sometimes be a little confusing and misleading.

The only single frequency i use is 15khz maybe 10khz if i feel like trying something different. I am partial to 15khz probably from using my tesoros I really liked and they ran in the 14khz range. They were good on small things even gold jewelry and still had really good depth.
The thing is i only use a 6” coil now as for one I don’t want to dig 12” holes anymore,getting to old for that in this heat lol and with the 6” get better sensitivity and separation. Works out really good. I don’t mind taking my time with it but probably going with a 6x9 to get a little better coverage. So want to squeeze out as much depth with the 6”
I think the 20khz and especially 40 khz with a 6” coil is really going to struggle with depth.
Don’t want 12” holes but more than 3 or 4. Up to 6”-8” is a nice comfortable zone
The only place i would throw the big coil on is the beach but thats rare i go to anymore. We are a beach state and everyone and their brother hunts the beach. I live only 5 minutes from the closest beach you would think i would hunt there the most but i like to find odd places, more of a challenge and more interesting. You live basically on the beach most your life and it gets a little boring. Want something different, I actually enjoy the parks more and there especially with all the trash the small coil is also better. Plus they are all basically new parks so depth isn’t really a necessity.
You can get good depth with like 4khz but loosing sensitivity to really small things. Multi is probably the way to go now as it’s supposed to give max depth and sensitivity. Again is the 700 and 900 truly the same in multi. They claim they are but running different frequencies and sensitivity settings you have to wonder.
They would have to both run the same exact set of frequencies the same way but they won’t list the frequencies used in multi. Proprietary Information I guess.
And then there is the factor that I didn’t know and someone pointed out about the sensitivity settings are different.
One goes higher than the other, so does that mean one actually puts out more or do they just use a different scale. That’s another unknown.
I guess only people who have used them side by side in comparison would notice the differences. Whats on paper and advertising can sometimes be a little confusing and misleading.
my 2 cents. I cant see 400 dollars worth of difference according to the spects chart.