Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equipment Recommendations

kps1

Hi all,

Brand new to detecting and looking for some recommendations on equipment- interested in underwater and terrestrial capable, around 10 feet of depth and less (mainly beach areas, shallow river beds and lakefronts). Something on the more affordable and easy-to-use end. Any thoughts appreciated!!

Hi back at ya ! You will no doubt get lots of opinions so here goes mine based on personal experience. I have been swinging the Equinox since its inception and haven't had any issues, multiple beach hunts, pissing down rain in England and sub freezing temps I have put it thru the paces. It fits the parameters {10 feet in the water} you have described and if you have any issues comes with nice warranty. I use the 800 and you will have to buy the water proof head phones, in addition I would highly recommend the minelab headphone adaptor [1/8 to 1/4 inch] to use a full size set of head phones.
HH Jeff

If I were in the market for an all around machine, Dirt, Beach, Water etc I would give very serious consideration to the Minelab Equinox