Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eric Foster Deepstar 3 Probe

dreid01

Hello
I have a Deepstar 3 that Eric made for me nearly 10 years ago (Serial No. 0704DS315) Unfortunately on a recent trip to the beach I lost the pinpointing probe. I have also lost Erics contact details and the phone number I have for him is now Oxford ADHD centre. I would really appreciate if Eric could contact me or someone could pm his email address in regards to sourcing a replacement.

hello,

Does not serve much at the beach, if you take a good gamatte

But you can adapt the probe coiltek SD / GPX
Just change the connector

https://www.seriousdetecting.com/product/coiltek-1-pinpoint-probe-hardwired-with-switchblock-25-x-200mm-for-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-series-detectors/

Hi Eric
I have an engineering background so would be happy to build a completed probe around your wound core. Please message me with your contact details and I can give you a ring to discuss and arrange payment.

Many Thanks
Darren

Hi Eric
Please message me if possible to discuss wound core as I would like to have probe again for summertime at the beach.

Many Thanks
Darren

hello Daren. can you measured inductivity of a coil?
i think you can make the probe.

Hi
Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I do not know inductance of original coil as I have lost it. I would build a probe if I had plans including number of turns and wire diameter. I have also tried Serious Detecting link but Coiltek probes are out of stock.