Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eric foster

Mopchops

Eric, I have a mini pulse original model from before the plus, I am having some issues of a constant tone in the ear piece after the unit became damp, I was hoping you might possibly be able to steer me in the right direction for w.hich components could be causing my issue?

register there and i ll give you some directions.
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?66-Minipulse-Plus

Need to know more about how it became damp. i.e. rainwater, sea spray, was it submerged accidentally. What did you do to dry it out, particularly the circuit board. Have the batteries leaked?

Eric.

Hi Eric,
Thank you for your reply, and apologies for my late reply. The detector was hung up in my garage and there was about a two foot deep flood of rain water. The detector was about two foot clear of the flood water on the wall however I believe the damp evaporated into the circuit board . The PCB itself suffered erosion of some of the copper tracks and I have bridged these points on the PCB with solder,. But I am not sure where there was originally gaps purposely left in the circuit board at some of these points. I have measured the coil resistance and it appears good.
Kind tegards
Mopchops