Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EX-2 Does anyone hunt in const sound any tips?:detecting:

ohio fred

i was watching a u tube hunt and the person was hunting in const sounds and i went in my yard and tried it and seem to like it but have to try it more cold here.just looking for tips. thanks.

Did you mean Conductive tones ... versus Ferrous tones ?

I have been detecting in Conductive/Iron Mask 22 since I bought my Explorer SE almost 3 years ago, and have had good success with it. Although I am considering trying out Ferrous/All Metal this year. I would like to hear iron in a low tone for a change and maybe pick up something I missed with my other settings. Or I may decide I don't like it and just stick with what works.

There is 3 sound modes const conduct ferrous, i was trying the const. sound mode trying to see if anyone uses it and the result.Thanks,Also wondeing about audio respns mode normal audio 1,2,3.?

I use in some special situation Constant with Long sounds, Constant is in Explorers true ALL METAL. In Constant you will get more stable detector, you will get a little bit deeper targets, because no target sound Identification, but this is when you need to dig all targets. Very good mode, but not much people know this.

thanks just started trying it out but cold here so my finger only last a short while before they freeze up,but it seems like it might work.

Stasys.... been a long time since i tried it, but if my memory serves me correctly it still used the display..... so its a processed signal. If its being processed its not a true AM like say a whites in PP. I was going to use it on the beach IF it went deeper..... but it didnt for me in my area. Since its not a true AM i cant think of an advantage to useing it.

Dew

"Const" as in Constant eliminates any variation in pitch in tones. The next closest thing to it would be putting your Variability on 1 which offers the least amount of change in tone variation.
On a side note "Ferrous", "Conductive" and "Constant" have Nothing to do with all metal mode.

"Normal" is default and offers short beeps whereas "Audio" 1 offers almost a constant long tone which can help you distinguish two targets in extreme close proximity of each other.
Audio 2 and 3 add filters for smoother tone.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

MikeO said:
On a side note "Ferrous", "Conductive" and "Constant" have Nothing to do with all metal mode.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

Yes it does, Constant is just different name for All Metal. you have to try it in clean place like beach.

Stasys said:
Yes it does, Constant is just different name for All Metal

Sorry but, you are dead wrong.
Const. stands for Constant and does not allow for variation of tone. Thats is a fact. Just because all the tones are the same does not mean it is in all-metal plain and simple.
Just so you understand you can run a discrimination program say the default factory Coin program and run "Const" tones. That does not mean "all metal" mode. It just means all things sound the same.

Just for reference here is the Manual for reference for you. Page 54 of the Quickstart area.
Minelab Explorer II Manual

MikeO said:
Stasys said:
Yes it does, Constant is just different name for All Metal

Sorry but, you are dead wrong.
Const. stands for Constant and does not allow for variation of tone. Thats is a fact. Just because all the tones are the same does not mean it is in all-metal plain and simple.
So you want to say in explorer no ALL METAL? are you sure? did you used Constant your self?
I can agree with you that we can dig all targets in Conductive or Ferrous without discrimination, BUT you will have deep targets on the detecting border without clear stable signal and brane will explode from cacophony different sounds. For me Constant in Explporer its the same like without discrimination Tesoro Tejon or the rest detectors with all metal possibilities. I did test and detecting to be sure what I am talking about.
I suspect Constant mode in explorer was made mainly for military use, but its just my gues.

Yes, I am familiar with all the settings as I have been using my EX-II for 13 years now. I have used them extensively.

If you are going to state that "Const" is in theory all metal mode then you must also state you are running -16 a full open screen with no discrimination.
You cannot replicate an "all metal" mode by simply hitting the "Const" feature in the control panel.

You never mentioned discrimination until the post above this one in which you state
I can agree with you that we can dig all targets in Conductive or Ferrous without discrimination, BUT you will have deep targets on the detecting border without clear stable signal and brane will explode from cacophony different sounds.
Many of us that are very successful with the Explorer line have learned to recognize what those "on the detection border" fringe signals sound like and that is when you get into the warble/chirps the Explorer is so known for.

Therefore as I stated "Const" does exactly what the manual states which is "eliminates variation of pitch upon detecting".

End of Debate for me! :rolleyes:.

MikeO said:
Yes, I am familiar with all the settings as I have been using my EX-II for 13 years now. I have used them extensively.

If you are going to state that "Const" is in theory all metal mode then you must also state you are running -16 a full open screen with no discrimination.
You cannot replicate an "all metal" mode by simply hitting the "Const" feature in the control panel.

End of Debate for me! :rolleyes:.
Agree with your statement, I was not clear about discrimination. But without discrimination Constant is very nise feature in Explorer and Etracs.