Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excaliber threshold setting

Darin Putman

Been doing a lot of hunting with my new to me excaliber and love it. I use the nemo and it is loud , just done the headphone mod with the ms left/right headphones and took it out this evening and seems to be an improvement. Definately a better fit, but still have to crank threshold setting up really loud. Will this have any bearing on finds or is it just a different volume setting per say.
Also considered buying a set of grey ghost but no idea if they would be any louder. What detector headphones would I need to get that I could hardwire in. From what I seen it would be the ctx 3030 is that correct.
Thanks for any and all advice, got pretty bad ringing in my ears and aint getting no better.

Been doing a lot of hunting with my new to me excaliber and love it. I use the nemo and it is loud , just done the headphone mod with the ms left/right headphones and took it out this evening and seems to be an improvement. Definately a better fit, but still have to crank threshold setting up really loud. Will this have any bearing on finds or is it just a different volume setting per say.
Also considered buying a set of grey ghost but no idea if they would be any louder. What detector headphones would I need to get that I could hardwire in. From what I seen it would be the ctx 3030 is that correct.
Thanks for any and all advice, got pretty bad ringing in my ears and aint getting no better.
For me, it tells a threshold change on deep targets better when the threshold is barely audible in all metal. When the threshold is turned up to a very solid tone, I can not differentiate the small change deep targets provide, but the bigger change shallower targets give is loud and clear. I have ringing ears too. I normally run the threshold at about 11 O'clock or somewhere between 11 and 12 O'clock.

You could hard wire in most any headphones. One of the more popular ones seem to be the Grey Ghost Amphibians. OldBeechnut has done a lot of headphone testing with the Excalibur; perhaps he will chime in.

Thanks tvr, thats where I normally run mine at too. Nemo is loud and have to crank it up higher sometime, wondered what effect it had on signal. But am able to keep sensitivity cranked up in local creeks maybe that will help to negate loss.