Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excalibur modifications

A

Anonymous

i am trying to get my excalibur modified. i want to hardwire the WOT coil to the unit and have an ikelite waterproof bulkhead connector added. is there anyone out there that has had this done and where did you get it done?

Doesn't Doc offer this? Check out his website from the advertisement on the main forum page.
Jeff

doc doesn't, minelab won't do it, sunray won't do it, surf scanner turned me down. i guess i will have to give it a shot myself.

According to page 2 of Doc's online catalog he has a kit and instructions... I don't think I'm allowed to post the link, but the instructions are definately there.

I just called Minelab on monday talk to Dick and he said they would do it and they wounldnt be able to pressure test it because of the big coil so I sent mine on tuesday will keep you posted on the results HH RonC

what doc sells is an inline waterproof connector. i did that myself and it wasn't difficult as long as you aren't color blind to match the wires. what i want to do is open up the unit and connect the coil wire directly to the circuit board inside the housing and do away with the excess coil wire and the inline connectors. it makes for a more stream lined detector and lessens the chances of tangling the coil wire while diving. the ikelite bulkhead connector is used for the headphones so you can store the unit without the phones connected and use different headphones for different tasks. the WOT coil works so well with the unit i wont be using the stock 10" coil anymore.

And it turned out great.. I mean, they put the bulkhead connector for the headphones in. They shortened the cable on the coil for me. Made the handle myself.
I still love the old seasearch coil.
All the best
M