Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer II

MNCoinhunter

Hey .. long time no see ! :detecting:

I just got a sweet deal on an Explorer II with the stock 1000 coil and a 10X12 SEF. Anyone have any time on the stock coil ? Was curious how it performed . .Pros? Cons?

Thanks .. it's nice to be back

Welcome back - I've only used the SE Pro, so no help from me.

Performance was the same as the 11" pro coil. But the pro coil was better balanced and felt lighter. But performance wise, they should be the same.

Welcome back . Tom pretty much hit the nail on the head . I prefer the smaller coils but kept a FBS1050 for beach and large work .I was never really impressed with the Pro coil ,or the 13" Ultimate . I liked the performance of the 12x10 but didn't like the weight .

I'm no big authority on anything but I appreciate the props SE!:cheekkiss: I do NOT have the Pro coil for the EX2 but have basically the same thing as a "Pro" coil on the CTX. When I only had the stock 1050 coil for awhile in my "early" Minelab days I had really good luck with it. I think the look of it actually turns some people off,really. It looks like a weird thick clumsy coil, to me anyway. But that SOB will go deep and is smooth running, at least around MY power lines. I'll always have a 1050 coil because I know when everything else goes right to shit it'll come through when needed.

IDXMonster said:
I'm no big authority on anything but I appreciate the props SE!:cheekkiss: I do NOT have the Pro coil for the EX2 but have basically the same thing as a "Pro" coil on the CTX. When I only had the stock 1050 coil for awhile in my "early" Minelab days I had really good luck with it. I think the look of it actually turns some people off,really. It looks like a weird thick clumsy coil, to me anyway. But that SOB will go deep and is smooth running, at least around MY power lines. I'll always have a 1050 coil because I know when everything else goes right to shit it'll come through when needed.

I have the original 1050 coil on my XS. I agree with IDXMonster, it does go deep and is smooth running.
I've tried other coils but like the 1050 the best for that XS.

IDXMonster said:

No problem you have helped me in the past!

What appears to be the original searchcoil says "Explorer 1000" on it .. And it does feel strange with the mounting bracket set towards the rear of the coil .. and clumsy-looking.

The pro coil is vastly superior to the stock coil. Hands down. Put that coil on the Explorer II and you will hand Etrac and CTX users their lunch.

Charles who posts on this forum all the time and knows the Explorer II as well as anyone will tell you the same thing.

I dug a 1911-D barber dime with the stock 1000 coil this morning. It also came with a Detech SEF 10X12 .. which I like but is on the heavy side.

wpaxt said:
The pro coil is vastly superior to the stock coil. Hands down. Put that coil on the Explorer II and you will hand Etrac and CTX users their lunch.

Charles who posts on this forum all the time and knows the Explorer II as well as anyone will tell you the same thing.

Hmmm...not quite sure about all that but the EX2 is one hell of a machine in just about all categories...I love the audio, best of all of the FBS, IMHO.

It's all a matter of the hands that the detector is in IMO .. You could have the most expensive detector on the market and not find squat if you don't know how to use it.

IDXMonster said:
wpaxt said:

Hmmm...not quite sure about all that but the EX2 is one hell of a machine in just about all categories...I love the audio, best of all of the FBS, IMHO.