Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer SE VDI numbers not right?

I bought a used SE online and just got it out of the box today. It came with a pro coil and the original 10" slimline coil which leads me to believe was not originally an SE Pro. I have been playing around running coins over the coil to make sure it works and noticed that the numbers are not coming up like they should. A quarter is 00-29 but it shows 01 or 02-29. A dime is 03-29 but it comes up 04-28. I am comparing it against my real SE Pro and they should match up but don't. Is this something that needs adjusted by Minelab?

You would be wise to dig any numbers that are in those ranges anyway in the field,worn coins and ground conditions WILL skew numbers. It certainly seems proper to me. Does your original SE have Professional written on it? Did you get your original one new?

I picked my SE Pro used and it does have "professional" on the control box. You are right about digging those numbers too. A lot of things can make the numbers vary some.

Kansasexpii , or it simply could be the date on those coins. A 04-28 dime might be from the eighty's and same with a quarter at 01-29 or 02-29 - might be from 1979 to say 1985.
Those either in the dirt longer or like someone said are worn out some. Also don't worry just try another area and see what happens.