Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer sniffs out another silver from iron infested ground.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Dug this nice 1919 mercury dime that had 2 iron nails and an iron buckle in the same hole. The 1901 V nickel was also surrounded by iron targets. Love the way the Explorer can sniff out that silver ! Also dug a nice musket ball and a wheat cent before heading to my "B" city park. While there I snagged a crusty indian head cent, a colonial dandy button, jack knife and a small earring.

Nice finds as usual.
Indeed it can Ed sniff out in iron.
The Soap Cake token I found actually had a square nail in the same large plug I dug.
Granted the signal tone was good but, the cursor was bouncing.
Although, I am no spring chicken anymore and a light weight Equinox sure sounds great but, for the life of me I just cannot ditch the FBS with Smartfind.
I wish Minelab would utilize todays technologies in lighter weight to make a machine that used the SmartFind along with todays faster processors etc in a lighter weight machine. It would be a hot seller I am betting.

Mike, if you and I can purchase the software of the Explorer series we can then make up a lighter machine!

Tony

Mike, I'm with you. As much as I would like a much lighter detector for park use, I just can't put down the Explorer SE Pro. I did buy an XP Deus earlier this year but I only use it when hunting farm fields or cellar holes. I wish the Equinox had a smart screen option. I also bought a Garrett AT Pro about 4 years ago and used that for maybe 10 hours since I purchased it. Nothing beats the Explorer in Smart Screen mode. Tony (Park Pirate) has been doing great the the Equinox 800 with the small sniper coil so I might buy one in the Spring.

Mike, Ed,

With you 100% on the Smart Screen, hope Minelab gets it's head out its.... on this one.

I expect there are fewer and fewer of us dinosaurs that were familiar with the original XS style left on the forums.

Chris

It’s such a fantastic platform isn’t it Chris.
Imagine a Equinox sized unit utilizing FBS with Smartfind screen. Then coupled with the lighter technologies used today with faster processors. Omg sign me up I’m buying two.
I’m betting every penny I have guys that have moved on to the CTX, Equinox, E-Trac, and some that went Dues would be buying one.
I hope Minelab is reading this. :thumbup: