Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

eye find gold ring?

runninnavaho

It fits me perfectly but there is no stamp on the inside. Its scratched because I found it in a parking lot while working today. The scratches are deep and there is no sign of plating it looks solid to me. Where can I get it checked or find an acid test

That might be a brass spacer of some sort...but good on you anyway! Funny, I just got back from the store, and since I've been detecting, I park as far from the door as I can, and search for rings and money dropped in the parking lot on my way in and out! Is that weird or what?:rofl:
Mud

It doesn't look brass but you might be right. I look down all the time

Looks like a bearing sleeve.

I do the same so much is losted it is crazy i eyeballed a silver necklace with charm a charm of a car both stamoed 925 and a 20 dollar bill this yr. Lol i agree does not appear to be a ring.

Not really Mud, I make a point to search the gravel parking at 2 sports parks I go to and do quite well there. Some of the stuff is kind of mangled from the gravel, but it amazes me the amount of coinage that can be found there. Looks like a spacer to me, I'm a machinist by trade, and make them frequently. Those are definitely machine marks on the side of it, fun find anyway! :)

Good hunting!

Ron

To answer your question about where to get it or any other potential gold tested take it to any of the "we buy gold" stores that have popped up on every corner. They will do an acid test for free and then if its gold they will offer you 1/8 of its actual value lol!

1/8 is a horrible deal.

runninnavaho said:
1/8 is a horrible deal.
Yes it is, but these places are notorious for low balling people because unfortunately most of the sheep have no idea of the value of gold, watch this if you don't believe me:

http://youtu.be/ndshbH3aZ6Y

Also you then turn down their low ball offer. It's just a good way to get your gold tested for free and give these low ball kings a little payback!

Its a shame. People are so wrong.

It's one of the reason our country is so hated.....
Capitalism at it's worst abuse's those whom do knot know better.
And we hide behind wo common phrases...
Let the buyer beware...
And there's a sucker born every mineute.
While they may be true....
It our attitude that thats the wayit should be that I thinks has much of the world against U.S.