Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 finds another 10K

Larbear2

Did a road trip from north idaho to sturgis South Dakota area for the wife’s family reunion. Took the F70 along but never got the chance to use it. Bad hail storm in rapid city South Dakota did some damage to my truck, saw Rushmore and crazy horse memorial.

First hunt back home found a worn 10K ring and some clad. 7 golds fty ( 5 with the F70). Ring is marked 10K MSB, 23-24 vdi. $472 clad FTY.
Found ring in left field softball field, 2 inches down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
Nice finds! We just got back from Lincoln City, OR I still haven’t found a gold ring yet, hoping to break that this last week but nope. All I got was a large non silver womans earring......Hit a solid 24 foil and held my breath but it was a blue foil ball of some type about 4” down. Oh well, next time. What part of N Idaho????

Near Coeurd’ Alene. Lincoln City seems to be a popular destination, my brother goes there nearly every year.
Keep digging the foil signals. I saw a post where most of the gold rings are found in the foil and tab categories.

Larbear, I spent 3 1/2 years stationed at Elsworth AFB from April 1971 to November 1974, got real familiar with the area your talking about, the base was only about 7 miles from Rapid City.
I was single most of the time I was there, had a motorcycle and went everywhere around there including Sturgis.
Got lost one time out there trying a short cut back to the base, ran out of gas and luckily for me a farmer helped me out or I'd probably still be lost out there.

I can see how it would be easy to get lost and run out of gas, LOL. Lots of wide open country. We relied on our phone navigation system to help us get around. What kind of motorcycle were you riding back then?

I saw many parks and sports field that I would have liked to detect, but it didn’t happen. Not just South Dakota, but Wyoming and Montana too. Maybe a detecting vacation sometime in the future.

Im in Moscow......

A lot of building of homes and apartment complexes are growing. Big influx in CA and OR license plates.....

One of my favorites too! Lots of different ways to use it, several coils available, long battery life. And fun to use!