Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 sniffs a 10k

Larbear2

I made a return trip to a high school where a few days ago I found $10+ in clad. The practice football field gave up a few clad as I made my way to the softball field. I had searched half the softball field a few days ago and wanted to finish searching the rest. As I got near first base area I was digging some can slaw. After digging several pieces of can slaw it was getting a little discouraging. The next signal was in the can slaw area also, briefly thought about not digging it but am glad that I did. A 10k, 2 gram gold ring was waiting for me. Heart shaped, has some small diamonds, don’t know if they are real or not, don’t have a diamond tester. It registered 23 on the vdi, with a little fluctuation 23-25, about 2 inches down.

Continued searching after finding the ring, ended up with $4.18 clad. There was not many people around, some kids playing tennis and a few people running laps around the track. Other than that I had the place pretty much to my self which is how I like it. I don’t usually hunt schools on a weekday, but of course the schools are shutdown because of the virus.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

It's always work lol. But it pays off in the long run. Very nice hunt!!! HH Rickinmi

Are you finding much deep clad like the six to nine inch range? Sounds like you have some virgin ground with that much clad coming out of there.

Are you finding much deep clad like the six to nine inch range? Sounds like you have some virgin ground with that much clad coming out of there.
Hello sl52, I am thinking my dirt is too dense here in my area for coins to sink that far. Our dirt is commonly referred to as N. Idaho prairie rock. Most of my coin finds are 1-3 inches with an occasional find at 4-6 inches. There is one old football field where I can push my digger right to the hilt very easily, but that is the one exception (the only one I have found so far, they prepared the soil to be that way).

It seems that my CZ detectors will go deeper than my F70, or perhaps I haven’t found the right settings to get the max depth out of the f70 as of yet. Still a work in progress, still experimenting with settings.

With my dirt as rocky as it is, I would be hesitant to dig 6-9 inches unless I was pretty confident that there was something good down that far, too much work. Thanks still looking 52, GL & HH hunting, larry.

Kooool!