Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 sniffs a Tiff

Larbear2

Got out yesterday afternoon for a few hours of detecting. Started the hunt at an elementary school, was good for about two bucks in clad. Drove to a middle school soccer field and found a few more coins. While checking near one of the goal nets I got a sweet sounding signal, 92-93 VDI. Down about three inches was a Tiffany & Co. 925 ring. Weighs 7 grams.

It seemed like I was finding more dollar coins than usual for the first few months of 2021. So I checked my records for 2020 and saw that I found seven dollar coins in 2020. This year I am up to six already. The last four have all be Sacagawea dollars. Also got a two dollar tonite the other day.
image.jpg
image.jpg

T & co rings make for a banner hunting day. Nice weighty 7 grams, too. Good on those $ coins as well. HH Jim tn

Dang, you mention dollar days so casually.... lol
There is a couple 2000 issue worth a bit of cash so check! Probably not MS63 rated being in the ground but still worth checking. Nice ring!!

Dang, you mention dollar days so casually.... lol
There is a couple 2000 issue worth a bit of cash so check! Probably not MS63 rated being in the ground but still worth checking. Nice ring!!
Each dollar coin I’ve dug has been a surprise to me. The reason being is that the VDI for the dollar coins is just a few numbers higher than for a quarter. So if I get a VDI in the 88-90 range, I am thinking maybe a quarter spill. If the VDI goes to 90-93, I am thinking might be a half. I am not thinking it might be a dollar coin because they don’t come around that often.

The last dollar coin, I got a VDI 92-93, audio sounded a little off. Thought I might be over a large piece of shallow trash. It turned out to be a SACA dollar, followed by a nickel, followed by a quarter.

Great ring. Unusual shape as well.

Great ring. Unusual shape as well.
Yes, unusual shape, probably not something that I would wear. It does look good on the model wearing it in the picture on the Tiffany website. The price is only $370, too much for me!

Do you have a link to that picture ? By the look of it I thought it was antique.

Looks good in the model picture. Chunky.