Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 All metal signal

Ronk

Does anyone else have weaker volume in AM mode? I read where some people has less volume in All metal since the upgrades.
Mine was not sent in. Mine came with the upgrades when I bought it. I believe my all metal signal is deeper than disc but just not as loud.
At first I thought the disc signal was suppose to be louder than all metal...and it Is. My all metal will mode will still ID correctly even though its not as loud at the fringe of depth its still a little deeper than the disc mode. Disc mode has a nice strong signal compared to all metal but all metal on mine is still a little deeper. With stock coil.
Ronk

Does anyone else have weaker volume in AM mode? I read where some people has less volume in All metal since the upgrades.
Mine was not sent in. Mine came with the upgrades when I bought it. I believe my all metal signal is deeper than disc but just not as loud.
At first I thought the disc signal was suppose to be louder than all metal...and it Is. My all metal will mode will still ID correctly even though its not as loud at the fringe of depth its still a little deeper than the disc mode. Disc mode has a nice strong signal compared to all metal but all metal on mine is still a little deeper. With stock coil.
Ronk
That is normal with a non motion search mode. (The F-75 Stat mode is much deeper.)
A VLF AM detector by its very nature is only designed to respond to the r signal (target) and ignore the x (ground) signal. Since the ground reaction primarily produces a x signal in the receive coil the VLF detector does not pick-up the ground but only responds to the r signal of the target. Therefore, the VLF detector only needs the r signal for proper operation. However, for discrimination we need to measure the x signal and the r signal to determine what the target is. Since we are using the x signal then we have to contend with the resultant ground signal pick-up, and that's why the disc is louder.

Ronk
It’s the same for me on my DST F75. Deeper targets in all metal sound too soft. Older F75 units are not like this.

Remembering correctly . . .isn't all metal mode on the f-75 modulated? The deeper the target the fainter the sound?

Yes you are correct I believe but its still weak and doesn't have the punch like the disc mode. With the disc mode you can definitely tell there is a deeper
signal there.
RonK

I have enjoyed a few (3) F-75's, the last one being the F-75+.

Yes, the All Metal modes provide us with a very good 'modulated' audio and that means the volume or loudness will be weaker as the coil-to-target distance increases. The Discriminate mode, depending upon your settings, can provide us with a 'saturated' audio response which results in an increased or louder volume for mid-range to deeper located targets. Many detectors are made that way, but with the F-75 the All Meal mode is still a deep-detecting option. Naturally the operator's hearing and the quality of the headphones used can have an impact on the results of what we hear.

Monte

The updates and upgrades killed the all metal mode on the F75. The originals were the best. Even the 9.0 and 9.1 DST modes "off/on" pale in comparison to the older F75 all metal. And it's not measured in CM or MM either...more like several inches worth. On the older models, the motion all metal mode was noticeably deeper than Disc mode. On the newer ones, the Disc mode is somewhat the same as the older models Disc mode...but the all metal side is MUCH weaker than the Disc mode. Using a non updated F75 and updated one, side by side on a ruler, the non updated version is nearly 4 inches deeper than the neutered DST models...even with DST supposedly OFF. Problem is...nearly everybody sent their older models in for the "upgrade" and they are hard to find. I'd love to have one but the only non updated one I know of, is firmly in possession of my buddy and he won't part with it. Especially after seeing the difference between it and the newer ones.

That is normal with a non motion search mode. (The F-75 Stat mode is much deeper.)
A VLF AM detector by its very nature is only designed to respond to the r signal (target) and ignore the x (ground) signal. Since the ground reaction primarily produces a x signal in the receive coil the VLF detector does not pick-up the ground but only responds to the r signal of the target. Therefore, the VLF detector only needs the r signal for proper operation. However, for discrimination we need to measure the x signal and the r signal to determine what the target is. Since we are using the x signal then we have to contend with the resultant ground signal pick-up, and that's why the disc is louder.

The updates and upgrades killed the all metal mode on the F75. The originals were the best. Even the 9.0 and 9.1 DST modes "off/on" pale in comparison to the older F75 all metal. And it's not measured in CM or MM either...more like several inches worth. On the older models, the motion all metal mode was noticeably deeper than Disc mode. On the newer ones, the Disc mode is somewhat the same as the older models Disc mode...but the all metal side is MUCH weaker than the Disc mode. Using a non updated F75 and updated one, side by side on a ruler, the non updated version is nearly 4 inches deeper than the neutered DST models...even with DST supposedly OFF. Problem is...nearly everybody sent their older models in for the "upgrade" and they are hard to find. I'd love to have one but the only non updated one I know of, is firmly in possession of my buddy and he won't part with it. Especially after seeing the difference between it and the newer ones.
Daniel have you ever tried the goldbug g2 platform?

Daniel have you ever tried the goldbug g2 platform?
I agree 100% about the updates and upgrades killing the all metal mode on the F75.
Ronk

I had a Goldbug with the 5x10 coil and the 8x11 coil. I personally didn't jive well with it. I got it to basically just hunt iron patches with though. For me, the Omega 8000 handled the soil better. I never tried the Omega 8500 nor an Omega 8000 with the larger coils...that may actually be worth revisiting some day down the road.