Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Stat vs CL mode

I’ll take a stab here…..
CL, or Cache Locating Mode is designed to look for larger buried objects. Thus the responses are modified from BP and the others. Not sure how it works as far as Stat or Motion usage as I’ve not used it. I can see where going Stat could have its place but since we are usually searching it seems Motion would be used more. But to answer your question it seems “about the same”.

The F75 manual states: "When the CL process is selected, the response characteristics of the Motion All Metal Mode are also modified; these characteristics include less noise and a slower response speed. In many situations, you may prefer to do cache locating in the Motion All Metal Mode after first selecting the CL process in the Discrimination Mode"... Many people forget that what is selected on the Disc side of the menu will carry over into the All Metal side and that it changes how the All Metals mode reacts. Having Boost process selected in Disc will also carry over and cause the Motion All Metal to have less noise and a slower response speed. (Page 22-23 in my manual under Boost Process and Cache Locating Process)... Perhaps if you are wanting to use CL, maybe try the above method of hunting in Motion All Metal after first setting the Boost Process.... I have never liked the Stat Mode because of the need to constantly retune and also the threshold cannot be adjusted. On the plus side of Static All Metal, the detection sound does't disappear when you stop moving the coil.

RonK, I have never enjoyed the F-75+ 'Static' All Metal mode.

I di some contract searches or larger lost / hidden items, and also take a good look in potential sites when hunting on my own, and most of the time I use the Threshold-based All Metal mode, or I like the B-P Discriminate mode. Cache Locating has worked for me as well, but I usually just use Boost-Process if not All Metal.

Also, take note of the post by 'miserman' and the reminder to first pick CL or BP in the Disc. mode before switching to All Metal. A good reminder. What application do you have for either?

Monte

Is the CL mode on the F75+ about the same as the Stat mode?
Ronk
The Stat mode is almost 3X deeper from my experience, but you hear everything and must watch the TID and it is very slow going. And it drifts as there is no autotune (or recovery speed.) With the stock DD coil and using the stat mode there is a way to i.d. bottlecaps everytime too.

Here's a posting on cache mode for the T2 from one of it designers, Dave Johnson:

"Cache mode" on most F75 and T2 versions is very similar to "Slow mode" on the F70. The response is slow, with improved sensitivity to large deep targets. However this means that the signals from shallow targets will smear, with a cost in both sensitivity and in ability to discriminate and ID targets. Shallow targets will do better in cache/slow mode if you slow down to a crawl, but the default and boost modes work better for the shallower stuff. And, if you really do want best response on deep stuff, all metals mode goes deeper than disc mode. For finding the deep stuff, an alternative to Cache/Slow mode is to search in Boost mode all metals, then switch to disc when you suspect you're fighting trash. ........Another way to deal with shallower stuff is to search in Cache/Slow mode with the searchcoil lofted several inches above the ground. This will result in a big cut in response to shallow trash, but perhaps more importantly it will achieve a large reduction in ground mineral interference (since ground itself is the shallowest target) and in mineralized ground will usually enable deeper detection than if you were scrubbing the surface in a misguided attempt to "get as close as possible to the deep targets".

Here's another from Keith Southern:

All metal does make it easier on the T2/F75 to size iron ..alot of iron on that series in Disc mode sounds like nails even though its larger than nails..Very compressed iron tone on those units...

One thing I like to do with a T2/F75 that has cache mode is to stay in Disc set it to zero 2F Tone and work through a dead site full of iron and listen for the larger iron hits Vs the shorter nail hits..you can do it in Cache mode its so slow to retune..

Just the other day I was in a nail pit and pulled out a Nice Iron Heel plate doing that..

Good digs..

Keith