Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Faraday shielding of xp deus coil

I just posted a thread on the technology forum asking if a faraday box would block the signal from an xp deus coil to the controller. If it does, I would buy one so that I could work on the controller without it communicating with the coil. Has anybody out there have any experience with this?

I suppose in theory it would work. But I am curious as to why do you need the controller NOT to talk to the coil just because you are working on it?

How about just taking the coil and leaving it at your friends house down the street? This is a bit of a curious question. And what do you mean by “work on the controller”? Adjustments? Taking it apart? Achievement in mind?

By working on the controller I meant fiddling around with making custom programs. I had the idea that if I took the whole kit with me I could show custom programs to someone without the coil picking up on surrounding pieces of metal. I know that these faraday cages are sold to protect cellphones and laptops from having their info stolen, and I was just wondering if the same principle would apply to this piece of equipment. Or, I suppose I could just carry around a bucket of water in which to dunk the coil if I did'nt want it to talk to the controller. I think that might work also. I just like to think about things that might work, like thinking outside the faraday box (pun intended).

I have never had that problem. I leave my coil in the relic room of my house and take the remote in the living room and mess around with the custom settings as I watch youtube videos on a program I like. the only thing I cannot change is the frequency because the coil is not there.

I have never had that problem. I leave my coil in the relic room of my house and take the remote in the living room and mess around with the custom settings as I watch youtube videos on a program I like. the only thing I cannot change is the frequency because the coil is not there.
I wouldn't call it a problem, it's more of a lazy man's curiosity about whether this would work so I could have the coil right next to me when I want it. I'm going to order one of these faraday cages to protect my other electronic stuff, do the experiment, and post the results whenever I get to test it. I think it might work.